tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AmEx Pre-approval Link???

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you people miss the "stop me" part? Smiley LOL

Nah... honestly the PRG w/50k and 1k spend is probably one of the best card signup offers out there, especially if you already have the ED card to hold the MR miles.. 2x Dinining as well no and no AF for first year..  It is saying please take advantage of me if you have the ED card currently.. Least that is how I Interupt it.. I am just holding off on an app until the end of November then I will pick up the PRG after my Ritz is hopefully approved when the promo is back.

The only question CAPTOOL should be asking is "Why haven't I apped yet?"

If CAPTOOL does app for this exceptionally good deal, they should also go for a 2 for 1 and see if they can get another AMEX to go with the new one, so it will have a buddy card to join their collection. You know it's always awkward when you're a new person in a group of people who've known each other for a while, well it's the same with credit cards. By obtaining a buddy card to go with the PRG, a smooth transition into the card collection is assured.

And since they're going to be taking a hard pull anyway, might as well just make it an app spree and go for some other cards too. Get all the inquiries out of the way in one day so they can age off together. Paying particular attention to places they can get multiple cards for one HP.

You make a compelling argument. icon_lmao.gif

Message 21 of 42
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I don't get to play... no 'Offers' button at all for the Green card; it does appear for the BCP, but the offer is a 'refer-a-friend' for $50 cash rewards 'offer'.

Oh well, I can't complain.  My accounts aren't yet a year old, and I got in by the skin of my teeth. 

At this point, I'm just happy to have a place at the table at all!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 22 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:
I've never seen an offer while logged in. How do you find them?

Only place I have seen offers or pre-approved if I am logged in under the benefits tab then under offer then I see the PRG prequalified all the time for me.. This is the only pre-qual I have seen.. Granted as a current AMEX holder 99% of the time you aren't approved it will be a SP, so no harm no foul.  Haven't been turned down for any card I have applied for since I have initially got in with them after years of denial prior.

Well, I'll be damned! I never checked in there before. Just did, and I also have a pre qual for the PRG. Stop me!

Have you apped yet?

Message 23 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

I don't get to play... no 'Offers' button at all for the Green card; it does appear for the BCP, but the offer is a 'refer-a-friend' for $50 cash rewards 'offer'.

Oh well, I can't complain.  My accounts aren't yet a year old, and I got in by the skin of my teeth. 

At this point, I'm just happy to have a place at the table at all!  Smiley Very Happy

Above the refer a friend dealie at the top of the page, watch for a banner scrolling by.

Message 24 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like this:

Message 25 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It looks like this:

Are you approved yet?

Message 26 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hehe. I have hovered over the apply button a few times since I discovered it.

Message 27 of 42
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you app yet?

(Note: The above is neither a recommendation nor a solicitation of an application of the credit card being discussed herein. An application should only be made after thoroughly reviewing the material, both benefits and terms of service, provided by the credit card issuing entity. You should read the provided material carefully in order to understand fully all of the implications and risks of the offering of the credit card to which it relates. The achievement of any or all goals is not guaranteed. There is no assurance that the value or benefits of the credit card will be sufficient to justify the application for same. It is just a question.)

Good start at a disclaimer, but you also need to add standard protection clauses like "CAPTOOL and his agents are not liable for any loss or other injury, tangible or otherwise, caused by individuals choosing to act in any way on the information presented"   Which is all you should really care about!  Appers have it coming....

Message 28 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hehe. I have hovered over the apply button a few times since I discovered it.

Just do it. I'll be checking in "Credit Card Approvals" to read about your SL and what other card you nabbed going 2 for 1.

Message 29 of 42
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

Don't do.. Don't let them get to you, STOP!! You're welcome.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.