Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Product Upgrade question

tag
dnice77
Regular Contributor

Re: AmEx Product Upgrade question

where exactly d you see the "offered" cards ? when i log onto AMEX i dont see anything like that.

i already have a mix for charge, revolvers and biz cards so maybe they see that and i cant upgrade anything ????

Starting Score: 617
Current Score: 744 Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 15
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

I clicked on 'cards' at the top, then 'let us help you find a card'

This is one of the pages that was upgraded. I believe there were 3 options, click on the one that says 'view your current special offers' (not the exact words.

The page that comes up are a bunch of cards that you have the option to add to your list. On the left side it says 'upgrade your card' and there's a list of all of the charge cards that are available for upgrading. I guess this page will look different depending on the offers available to each account.

Now, these are not exact instructions....I am not near a computer and going from memory. My apologies
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 12 of 15
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

Just thought I'd share. I just got my GPR card last month had one statement cut. When I signed onto amex last night, and hit additional cards, it said upgrade to Platinum. I clicked on it and it told me I would keep my card number and all that stuff. So I just thought it was interesting that it probably means that for all or at least GPR and Platinum charge cards the criteria is the same. Also you don't have to wait 13 months or anything. I did not upgrade, I just wanted the 25,000 points for the GPR card. They also credited me those points 3 days into my billing month when I reached $2000 in charges, which I couldn't believe. Figured it would take weeks and weeks for the points. LOVE AMEX! 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 13 of 15
sjt
Senior Contributor

@frugalQ wrote:
I called Amex and the analyst told me that I was indeed eligible for a product upgrade....and it's treated like a PC.

I am not sue how I became eligible since I just got the card in April. I'm wondering if it's because I have a Corp Green card since 2004, and they backdated my personal card to that year.

The analyst told me that I was eligible for the offer of 15K MR points if I spent $30K in one calendar year...yes, $30K.

I didn't PC yet because I'm wondering if there will be a better sign up offer down the road. Its funny....I have been kicking myself for not applying g for the PR Gold in the beginning. Now that I have the opportunity to get it, I'm deciding to wait for a better offer. LOL

Was the corporte card a Business Card or the actual Corporate Card?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 14 of 15
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

It is a true Corp card issued to me through my employer. I guess I'm considered an AU on my employers corporate account. However, I'm still now sure how my personal green card is upgradeable after 3 months.

Even though the cards still show as an upgrade offer, I've decided not to upgrade until after September. The 2x points categories on the PR Gold are the same categories as the Discover and Chase 5% categories for Q3 (gas and restaurants), so It doesn't really make sense for me to start the PR Gold AF clock until sometime in Q4. I can use my Green until then.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.