Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Rewards Posting

tag
GoRavens
Established Member

AmEx Rewards Posting

I recently got a AmEx BCP card and have already put $900+ on it since October however my cash back rewards haven't posted yet.  How long does it typically take for them to post your cash back?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: AmEx Rewards Posting

I was wondering this too. My cash rewards balance hasnt updated at all even though my first statement has already cut.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex rewards typically post at the cut of your next statement. So your rewards from this statement will be available when your next statement cuts and prior to your due date.

Message 3 of 11
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

AMEX wants you to pay the bill before releasing rewards.

Let's say I bought something on September and statement cut on October. I pay the bill and my reward will be posted on November along with my second statement. 2 months delay for AMEX.

Message 4 of 11
GoRavens
Established Member

Kind of lame but oh well.  I was more worried that I was required to enroll in the program and I didn't thus got screwed out of the rewards I've already earned.

Message 5 of 11
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Thats silly but thanks for the info trumpet-205

Message 6 of 11
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Yes, AMEX takes a while. I know from experience managing a Business Rewards Gold account...rewards earned for this month are posted the next

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 7 of 11
GoldenloveNY
Frequent Contributor

I know for the charge cards you can have AMEX speed up the process (if you REALLY need the points) by calling or emailing them. I did that with my ZYNC last month. I emailed them, and the rep just went ahead and posted the points into my account. Perhaps AMEX does the same thing with cash back rewards. Contact them and see, if you perfer not to wait.

Citi Double Cash: $1,000
Capital One Secured: $500
Capital One Savor One: $1,650
Amex Gold- NPSL.
Amex Platinum- NPSL.
Amex Delta Gold: $1,000
Best Buy Store Credit Card: $2,000
Amazon Store Credit Card: $6,000
Verizon Visa Card: $2,000

Bj's Perks Elite Mastercard: $2,300

Merrick Credit Card: $1,400
First Savings Credit Card: $1,250
Message 8 of 11
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Sound like some good advice GoldenloveNY

Message 9 of 11
GoldenloveNY
Frequent Contributor

@Credit314 wrote:

Sound like some good advice @GoldenloveNY

Thanks. 

Citi Double Cash: $1,000
Capital One Secured: $500
Capital One Savor One: $1,650
Amex Gold- NPSL.
Amex Platinum- NPSL.
Amex Delta Gold: $1,000
Best Buy Store Credit Card: $2,000
Amazon Store Credit Card: $6,000
Verizon Visa Card: $2,000

Bj's Perks Elite Mastercard: $2,300

Merrick Credit Card: $1,400
First Savings Credit Card: $1,250
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.