Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Zync and Chase Sapphire

tag
TheTruth
Established Member

AmEx Zync and Chase Sapphire

Hey Guys- I'm looking for some advice. I just got my Zync and Sapphire cards. I got the restaurant, style, and Eco packs on the Zync. I'm now trying to figure out how to effectively use both cards. Should the Zync be used in place of my debit card for daily stuff and the Sapphire for purchases over say $200? I want to maximize the benefits of both cards. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AmEx Zync and Chase Sapphire

I'd use either one in place of debit cards, just for fraud liability.

As for maxing the rewards, just do some math on what's better for your normal purchases (gas, groceries, and entertainment being the big ones probably.) Someone more knowing than I about the details of these two cards can probably answer that as well.

Message 2 of 7
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

You should cancel the restaurant pack on the zync. Sapphire gives you 2 pts/dollar on restaurants already. Use chase for restaurants and places that don't take Amex. Use Amex for purchases that qualify under Eco or style packs. Use Amex in the few days before your chase statement cuts to avoid posting a balance (or to control the balance if you are shooting for 5-9% utility). Amex doesn't count against utility. Finally, decide which issuer relationship you want to work on (or which reward options you like more) and run everything not covered above through that card.
In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 3 of 7
Carbon44
Contributor

I have the zync and I find it worthless. It's rewards are eh compared to my credit cards. Its nice to have a charge card and a relationship with Amex but I only use it to make one purchase a month. Chase and Discover have much better customer service and rewards
Chase Sapphire Preferred (Visa Signature), Citi Dividend World Elite, Discover IT, American Express Blue Cash Everyday, American Express Zync
Message 4 of 7
laboi_22
Established Contributor

I have the Zync card and I do not have the Chase sapphire, however I think I could make a few points that could help. First depending on what you will be using your points for, you should ramp up points on both cards evenly. If you redeem for travel mostly--use the Sapphire as your everyday card especially at the places you earn double points. If you use points for gift cards or other merchandise, then use the Zync primary and capitalize on the double points with the packs you have. Remember the packs on Zync are only good for $5000 worth of double points so once you spend that much in that category move on to the Sapphire. Second, you can use both to its limits and if you wish to redeem Zync points for travel you can upgrade to another card later that will turn your MRE points into full MR points which are very valuable especially in the travel arena. Good luck they are great card both!

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 5 of 7
TheTruth
Established Member

Thanks everybody. I've been leaning towards using just the Sapphire, as it makes the most sense. I really like the concept of the Zync card though.
Message 6 of 7
LilNYC
New Contributor

If your main concern is how to rack up the most pts. You should sign up for this thing coming out soon called Wallaby- basically, it's 1 card that contains all your various cc info & when you use it to make a charge it's algorithim figures out which cc will give you the most pts & the charge goes on that cc. It will save you from doing the math everytime you buy dimething. Click on the link. below- http://wallabyfinancialinc.createsend5.com/t/j-l-mlhhru-fyuhybi-ydd/
Citi Thank You $13,200 - Chase Freedom $3,100 - AMEX Zync NPSL (init. ability $17.5K) - Citi Forward $7,000 - AMEX BCP $6,000 - USAA Rate Adv $15,000 - USAA World MC $12,000 - Discover More $4,000 - Amex Hilton Honors $4,500 - Amex SPG $2,000 - Barclay's Priceline Rewards $6,400 - Chase Sapphire Pref. $7,500

EQ: 794. TU: 704. EX: 755
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.