Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Zync approved!

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Re: AmEx Zync approved!

@LS2982 wrote:
You gotta do whats right for YOU americanchpz, if you got the INQ space go for it! if not, wait!
I want to app so bad......and I don't want to wait....just scared of the rejection....I have 9 inq according to my EXP plus score....sorry I'm so on the fence.....

Message 41 of 54
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
You gotta do whats right for YOU americanchpz, if you got the INQ space go for it! if not, wait!
I want to app so bad......and I don't want to wait....just scared of the rejection....I have 9 inq according to my EXP plus score....sorry I'm so on the fence.....

OK, look at this coldly and rationally.

These 9 INQs on EX: What are the dates on them? Are they evenly spread across 2 years? Are they oddly clumped together at certain times? Are any from April-May-June 2010 and thus ready to fall off soon?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 42 of 54
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

These 9 INQs on EX: What are the dates on them? Are they evenly spread across 2 years? Are they oddly clumped together at certain times? Are any from April-May-June 2010 and thus ready to fall off soon?

Out of he nine.....I have about 5 from same date June 2010 ( auto loan pulls).another 2 from 12/10 .....one from Amex 11/11,1 from 2 / 11.... All IIB info will be off reports according to my CCR in June,...,1 collection from late 05 that will drop off 12/12....all else will be perfect history since BK ......

Message 43 of 54
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Out of he nine.....I have about 5 from same date June 2010.....another 2 from 12/10 one from Amex 11/11,1 from 2 / 11.... All IIB info will be off reports according to my CCR in June,...,1 collection from late 05 that will drop off 12/12....all else will be perfect history since BK ......

This is such a no-brainer!!!!

As of July 1, 2012, you will only have 4 INQs on EX, and your BK will not show.

Guess what? You're apping on July 1, 2012!

Do NOT app sooner, I don't care how twitchy you get. If you app sooner, the bank (presumably AmEx) will have a copy of your report showing your BK on file. I don't know how long they keep these, but do you really want to know that they have documentation of a BK somewhere in their system? I'll bet you a nickel that they'll have that notation on file for a long, long time, even when it's no longer on your current reports. That's why I always say to wait to app until you have your reports shined up as much as possible.

Why not wait until July, when the BK is gone from your records, and your INQs are down to a manageable number?

It can be really tough playing the waiting game when you're talking about 12-18 months. But heck, waiting for 3 months, 6 days, that's nothing.

You're going to be a much more attractive applicant by waiting. Don't let them see your reports until the BK is gone (that's the biggie) and 5 of the INQs are gone (not that much of a biggie, but definitely relevant.)

Good luck! You're going to have some great stuff going in July. Smiley Happy

eta: Do pull your reports, especially your EX report, before apping. Although everything SHOULD look better on July 1, you don't want a delay in EX updating to hurt your chances.

Sorry; I let my hyperbole get ahead of cautious common sense. Pull your reports first, and know that they're clean, before apping.

Belts and suspenders!!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 44 of 54
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Out of he nine.....I have about 5 from same date June 2010.....another 2 from 12/10 one from Amex 11/11,1 from 2 / 11.... All IIB info will be off reports according to my CCR in June,...,1 collection from late 05 that will drop off 12/12....all else will be perfect history since BK ......

This is such a no-brainer!!!!

As of July 1, 2012, you will only have 4 INQs on EX, and your BK will not show.

Guess what? You're apping on July 1, 2012!

Do NOT app sooner, I don't care how twitchy you get. If you app sooner, the bank (presumably AmEx) will have a copy of your report showing your BK on file. I don't know how long they keep these, but do you really want to know that they have documentation of a BK somewhere in their system? I'll bet you a nickel that they'll have that notation on file for a long, long time, even when it's no longer on your current reports. That's why I always say to wait to app until you have your reports shined up as much as possible.

Why not wait until July, when the BK is gone from your records, and your INQs are down to a manageable number?

It can be really tough playing the waiting game when you're talking about 12-18 months. But heck, waiting for 3 months, 6 days, that's nothing.

You're going to be a much more attractive applicant by waiting. Don't let them see your reports until the BK is gone (that's the biggie) and 5 of the INQs are gone (not that much of a biggie, but definitely relevant.)

Good luck! You're going to have some great stuff going in July. Smiley Happy

eta: Do pull your reports, especially your EX report, before apping. Although everything SHOULD look better on July 1, you don't want a delay in EX updating to hurt your chances.

Sorry; I let my hyperbole get ahead of cautious common sense. Pull your reports first, and know that they're clean, before apping.

Belts and suspenders!!

Bk will not come off CCR till June 2015.... Not such a No brainier......there lies my issue..baddies 7.5 years .......public record 10. Right?

Message 45 of 54
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Ah, OK, well that's different. I had the wrong year.

I'm sure you've posted this elsewhere, but did you include AmEx in your BK?

I've read a lot of variations on this, but it does seem that some are approved by AmEx with BK's that don't include AmEx, but the older, the better.

Maybe waiting until July still makes sense in that your BK will be another year older, and 5 INQs (potential risk indicators) will be gone.

As for public record = 10 years, it depends on the type of BK. Some report for 7 years, and some report for 10. In the end, it all depends on whether the BK still shows up on your reports. If it doesn't, then you have a report without a BK, although quite possibly looking peculiarly short on accounts.

But if you included the lender in your BK, their internal records will know this, even when the BK no longer shows on your credit reports.

Message 46 of 54
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

I've read a lot of variations on this, but it does seem that some are approved by AmEx with BK's that don't include AmEx, but the older, the better.

Maybe waiting until July still makes sense in that your BK will be another year older, and 5 INQs (potential risk indicators) will be gone.

As for public record = 10 years, it depends on the type of BK. Some report for 7 years, and some report for 10. In the end, it all depends on whether the BK still shows up on your reports. If it doesn't, then you have a report without a BK, although quite possibly looking peculiarly short on accounts.

But if you included the lender in your BK, their internal records will know this, even when the BK no longer shows on your credit reports.

No Amex IIB......it's a BK 7........ I looks Iike from what I have read on this forum,my chances are slim.....It looks like I will just garden till january then go fo it....all neg info will be off of credit reports....except for PR showing BK......

Message 47 of 54
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

No Amex IIB......it's a BK 7........ I looks Iike from what I have read on this forum,my chances are slim.....It looks like I will just garden till january then go fo it....all neg info will be off of credit reports....except for PR showing BK......

I think you're right: I believe that a Chapter 7 reports for 10 years.

AmEx does seem pragmatic about the presence of BK's though, especially if you otherwise fit their profile of desired customers (good income, otherwise decent reports without lates, etc.) That makes sense, I guess, when you think of how many people in their preferred demographic declared BK after their businesses went bust.

I think that when the time comes, you ought to be able to go for a Gold Preferred without a fee for the first year, and then in the eleventh month, app for a revolver, and close the Gold before the fee hits. Assuming that you get the revolver, of course. Smiley Very Happy

Message 48 of 54
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

I think you're right: I believe that a Chapter 7 reports for 10 years.

AmEx does seem pragmatic about the presence of BK's though, especially if you otherwise fit their profile of desired customers (good income, otherwise decent reports without lates, etc.) That makes sense, I guess, when you think of how many people in their preferred demographic declared BK after their businesses went bust.

I think that when the time comes, you ought to be able to go for a Gold Preferred without a fee for the first year, and then in the eleventh month, app for a revolver, and close the Gold before the fee hits. Assuming that you get the revolver, of course. Smiley Very Happy

I will just be happy with the Zync to get my foot in the door...that's all I want.....hanks for all your help and advice...

Message 49 of 54
LS2982
Mega Contributor

How about you and NikJ app on the same day in Jan. for the Zync???

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 50 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.