Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx cash advance??

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: AmEx cash advance??

@adavis425 wrote:

Out of the blue today, AmEx sent me a pin number for cash advances from my DG. Why? Are they now just supplying these with their revolvers? I'm sure I didn't request it as I would never use that option, have never even thought of it. What gives?

feels like a trap.. looked at my BCP cash advance limit and saw  its  $200.... really $200 cash advance limit on a card with a 15k CL? My cap1 card cash advance limit is the same as my regular CL (2.5k)....Its obvious AMEX really doesn't like cash advances.  Never done any transaction that was coded as such, Cash over purchase on Discover and Wal-Mart and Sam's club don't have the same stigma and are cheaper than ATM transactions. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.