cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx no longer allowing CL Reallocation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx no longer allowing CL Reallocation?

I was clicking around the site and the option to reallocate credit lines between cards seems not to be there anymore - at least, not for me. Has that gone for everyone - just out of interest? There's also some 'credit profile' thing (where you're supposed to fill in your employer, income, etc) on there in the 'account services' section, that I'm sure wasn't there before! Or maybe my powers of observation are just lacking...!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AmEx no longer allowing CL Reallocation?

I just went in to check, it isn't there on mine either. It was last week, because I used it! BOO HOO!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, it's not just some glitch in my online account, then. Shame - I wanted to reallocate some CL from my Delta to my Blue Cash as the Delta is getting one Verizon bill per month, and the Blue Cash is getting just about every other purchase on it. Oh well.

You'd think if they were going to remove any feature it would be the CLI request one - how odd.

Have you clicked on that 'credit profile' thing? (Seriously, I never saw that until today, I swear it wasn't there even very recently). It's full of all these asterisked fields that 'must' be filled in, but there's nothing filled out on there for me. It's mostly information they already have, mind you, but I'm not about to fill the thing out anyway!
Message 3 of 6
mrdrum18
Contributor

Can you post a screenshot of this "Credit Profile"? I'm curious as to what it asks you and the reason for it.
Message 4 of 6
CodeMonkey
Contributor

fevmlo,

The credit allocation link is gone on my page as well. Granted, I closed my Blue awhile back and now only carry a Gold, so that could have something to do with it also.

The "Credit Profile" section has always been there for me - at least, since I got my first AmEx in '06.
Message 5 of 6
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Gone for me also. However, I definitely used it recently. I wonder if you can call in and have them do it.
Here we go again...
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.