Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx posting time

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx posting time

I don't know if this is true for anyone else, but for me AmEx always posts transactions fastest, they always seem to post by the following day. Chase and Discover definitely don't post that fast. In this case, I was hoping AmEx wouldn't post so fast, because I had ~ $100 of transactions post to my account on my closing date, which was yesterday. I figured these transactions would hit my next bill cycle and was disappointed that they didn't. Don't like having two months of electric bills on one statement (that's an auto pay), but I digress. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AmEx posting time

They do post fast. I usually like that they do it because my other cards like Chase and Cap1 seem to lag. In your case that would suck just because you can't pay pending and I would have assumed the same.

At least it's only a month that it will be detracted.
Message 2 of 6
Subexistence
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know if this is true for anyone else, but for me AmEx always posts transactions fastest, they always seem to post by the following day. Chase and Discover definitely don't post that fast. In this case, I was hoping AmEx wouldn't post so fast, because I had ~ $100 of transactions post to my account on my closing date, which was yesterday. I figured these transactions would hit my next bill cycle and was disappointed that they didn't. Don't like having two months of electric bills on one statement (that's an auto pay), but I digress. 

I'd say amex posts 2 days later. Discover is 3 days.

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex is usually slow for us. Last week Cap 1 spark for our biz posted a large transaction ie over $1,000 in less than 24 hours just in time to make the statement close. I am not happy.  

Message 4 of 6
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Like Backwoods my CapOne posts the quickest with transactions posting as soon as the next day. My AMEX, though, usually takes 3 days which can be frustrating at times IMHO.

Message 5 of 6
TheVig
Regular Contributor

Amex always posts fast for me, and I really don't mind. I've purchased things on a Saturday, and the charges posted on sunday.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.