Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx shows past due, but I'm on a payment plan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx shows past due, but I'm on a payment plan

A few months back I took a hard hit between moving and switching jobs twice in a short amount of time. I'm VERY financially stable now but for a while I was totally hosed. As a result of that my AmEx was put on a payment plan. They automatically deduct a certain amount per month until it's paid off. Okay, fine. Now that I finally have my stuff together I check my credit report to find that they're showing me as 120+ days past due. 

**bleep**?

They put me on a payment plan specifically so this wouldn't impact my credit negatively, then go and do this? Is this their SOP or should I be pissed? It's getting paid off next month regardless but do I have any chance of having this removed from my report?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Re: AmEx shows past due, but I'm on a payment plan

@Anonymous wrote:

A few months back I took a hard hit between moving and switching jobs twice in a short amount of time. I'm VERY financially stable now but for a while I was totally hosed. As a result of that my AmEx was put on a payment plan. They automatically deduct a certain amount per month until it's paid off. Okay, fine. Now that I finally have my stuff together I check my credit report to find that they're showing me as 120+ days past due. 

**bleep**?

They put me on a payment plan specifically so this wouldn't impact my credit negatively, then go and do this? Is this their SOP or should I be pissed? It's getting paid off next month regardless but do I have any chance of having this removed from my report?

Ive seen an instance with their charge cards being a difficult catch 22 situation. Basically the payment plan helps you pay, but they still mark you late each month till you pay the balance off. Did you ask them what the terms were ? You need to call them and find out ASAP. 

Message 2 of 5
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Its going to show past due until you pay the balance in full.  How many lates have been reported?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 3 of 5
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Now that is just wrong!   Keep us posted!

Message 4 of 5
luckelle
Regular Contributor

From my experince the systems financial companies have and will report late even if the rep tells u they will put you on a payment plan. They dont seem to tell you that in fear you will just defalt further on your payments.

Starting Score: 5/2012 TU 595, EQ 565, EX fako 547
Current Score:as of 9/2012, TU 626,Walmart 612, EQ 600, EX fako 623
Goal Score: 640 by dec 2013
BofA Au 13000, Amazon 600, Capt1 300, Walmart 150
When all else fails pay it!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.