Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx shows "In Progress" even after denial

tag
ray8806
Regular Contributor

AmEx shows "In Progress" even after denial

I submitted an app for a Green Card last Monday ( i won't bore you with the details), but I was denied. Which is fine. 

I called to push my app to reconsideration and the woman happily obliged, and I also asked for a fax number to fax some things over to them. Well, she told me to call back in 24-48 hours to check on it. I did, and she said that my reconsideration was also declined (which is fine b/c that was the last card I was gonna try for before I garden for a year). Anyway, when I check my application status online though, it still shows "In Progress"? Anyone know what that's about?

EQ: 710(FICO) EX: 695(FICO) TU: 708(FICO)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Re: AmEx shows "In Progress" even after denial

@ray8806 wrote:

I submitted an app for a Green Card last Monday ( i won't bore you with the details), but I was denied. Which is fine. 

I called to push my app to reconsideration and the woman happily obliged, and I also asked for a fax number to fax some things over to them. Well, she told me to call back in 24-48 hours to check on it. I did, and she said that my reconsideration was also declined (which is fine b/c that was the last card I was gonna try for before I garden for a year). Anyway, when I check my application status online though, it still shows "In Progress"? Anyone know what that's about?

It looks like you just started building credit history and maybe more than likely that's why you got denied. I think the online application status doesn't quickly update. I've noticed that.

Message 2 of 7
ray8806
Regular Contributor

Yes, I did. I'm sure I was denied. 

I just talked to their Rep beforehand and asked if they have any cards geared toward people with no/limited credit histories (since they no longer offer the Zinc) and he said the Green card was geared toward that too. So I applied. 

But it's fine I suppose. I'll enjoy the two cards I have for a while before I go for anything else for a while. Smiley Happy

EQ: 710(FICO) EX: 695(FICO) TU: 708(FICO)
Message 3 of 7
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

Interesting that they would say the "Green" when really all the charge cards have the same UW criteria.

I'm not sure how your CR looks but your scores...especially EX which is what they usually pull..are pretty low. Treat the cards you have well and re-apply if you don't get approved this time. 

Message 4 of 7
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

Interesting that they would say the "Green" when really all the charge cards have the same UW criteria.

I'm not sure how your CR looks but your scores...especially EX which is what they usually pull..are pretty low. Treat the cards you have well and re-apply if you don't get approved this time. 

The thing when you do reply I would go for an prg card since better sign up bonus and bonus lending good luck 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 7
Nw2Fico

Agreed. Though its accepted that in borderline cases AMEX relies on "alternative" data, to make decisions in someinstances such as the op. I wish you luck I hope you get the card. Green, Gold, Platinum the prior poster is correct, have similar UW standards. Different cost, and to initial rewards some carry. Like PRG. Nonetheless GL.

Message 6 of 7
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Nw2Fico wrote:

Agreed. Though its accepted that in borderline cases AMEX relies on "alternative" data, to make decisions in someinstances such as the op. I wish you luck I hope you get the card. Green, Gold, Platinum the prior poster is correct, have similar UW standards. Different cost, and to initial rewards some carry. Like PRG. Nonetheless GL.

Just for record I suggested prg because of better sign up bonus spending and waived AF for first year so you can see how you like it. Has bonus travel spend,gas,and groceries.almost everybody could take advantage of one of those categories.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.