Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx silent CLI update to $12500

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx silent CLI update to $12500

Anyone else get AmEx auto-CLI increases this month?

I called to look for confirmation of a payment earlier this year to find the phone system tell me that I had another $5000 credit applied to my card. The representative couldn't find any reason other than "it was automatic." I had pushed the magic CLI button in April and got a bump from $4k to $7.5k.

I thnk AmEx is crazy for extending me 1/2 my yearly income as credit at 24. 

Anyone else getting crazy increases like this?

Total credit line from multiple banks - $26.5k.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: AmEx silent CLI update to $12500

Congrats ..

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Anyone else get a CLI?

Message 3 of 20
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Nope, my Blue Cash has been sitting at 12k for a while. I am not requesting anything, though, because I charge only $50 per month on this card. It is not my main card any longer. Hence, I don't expect them to give me more CL at this point. Also, I don't need it.

How much do you charge on your Amex every month on average?

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

$3-4k on average and paid off in full every month. More than my income because whenever I see ANYONE paying in cash, I put it on my card.  I have a Chase Signature and a BoA Crapcard which I never really use. AmEx all the way.

You?

Message 5 of 20
john398
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

$3-4k on average and paid off in full every month. More than my income because whenever I see ANYONE paying in cash, I put it on my card.  I have a Chase Signature and a BoA Crapcard which I never really use. AmEx all the way.

You?

Curious, your saying people you know right?

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup. Anyone I'm with. $100 daily lunch orders, dinner tabs, movie tickets, family bills. It's all on the card and I take cash to churn points. On top of that I order coins from the mint.

All cash goes into my local ATM on the way home from work. From there it gets transferred to my AmEx high yield savings account until 15 days after my bill posts, then I pay.

Message 7 of 20
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

You deposit cash into the ATM? Isn't that a little risky? Not to mention a tax audit from the IRS.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it risky?

What am I doing wrong? As far as I know the merchant is getting paid either way, the state is collecting tax, and AmEx is making their dues. I get a lowly 1.3%.

Oh, and its done a number to up my fico and both creditkarma scores to excellent.

if this is risky please let me know.

Message 9 of 20
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

If I recall, there are notices posted on the ATM's advising not to deposit cash for obvious reasons.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.