Reply
Valued Member
KristenM
Posts: 33
Registered: ‎03-31-2008
0

Amazed by Nordstrom!

At the end of last year I tried for a Nordstrom card and to my amazement was given a $2000 store card. This was after being denied for most other cards.

Have used it a handful of times, no more than $150 at a time and PIF each time.

I tried to call yesterday and after being on hold for over an hour hung up. Tried again today and spoke to the nicest woman. Got a CLI of $3000 up to $5000 and they asked to pull my CR to upgrade to Visa. Not happy about the pull but crossing my fingers it goes through.

It was so refreshing to talk to them on the phone after dealing with the uncaring, incompetence of Cap1 and Orchard Bank earlier in the morning!! 

Regular Contributor
VEEVEE
Posts: 129
Registered: ‎08-08-2009
0

Re: Amazed by Nordstrom!

CONGRADS:smileyvery-happy:
Established Contributor
bamagirl1
Posts: 1,044
Registered: ‎12-30-2007
0

Re: Amazed by Nordstrom!

KristenM!

That's awesome, Congrats!!

 

I do have a quick question, when you app'd for Nordstrom, how many inquiries did you have on your credit report? Just wondering...I want to app but I keep waiting as I want to be sure I get approved!

Thanks!--

Again Congrats.

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Super Contributor
DI
Posts: 5,767
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: Amazed by Nordstrom!

I just disputed my inquiry with Nordstrom.  I don't want that name on my reports after declining me. I still haven't receive a decline letter yet.
Senior Contributor
smallfry
Posts: 4,831
Registered: ‎04-20-2007
0

Re: Amazed by Nordstrom!


DI wrote:
I just disputed my inquiry with Nordstrom.  I don't want that name on my reports after declining me. I still haven't receive a decline letter yet.

You're a big boy so go for it. Just understand it can result in a fraud alert on your credit report/s.

Super Contributor
DI
Posts: 5,767
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: Amazed by Nordstrom!


smallfry wrote:

DI wrote:
I just disputed my inquiry with Nordstrom.  I don't want that name on my reports after declining me. I still haven't receive a decline letter yet.

You're a big boy so go for it. Just understand it can result in a fraud alert on your credit report/s.


I'm hoping EQ is having technical diffculties like they did over the summer.  All of my inquires got deleted within 24 hours.  It was the best feeling, and a fresh start.  Now I am back at 9 inquires.  

Valued Contributor
Scamp
Posts: 2,791
Registered: ‎03-18-2007
0

Re: Amazed by Nordstrom!

DI, as smallfry commented, disputing your own, legitimately-earned inquiries is your own choice and is a good way to get a fraud alert slapped on your files; however, because the FICO forums do not advocate such unethical credit 'repair' tactics, we would appreciate your not discussing such actions here.
_____________________________________________________________________________
It's never too late to become the person you might have been. ~George Eliot

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Super Contributor
DI
Posts: 5,767
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: Amazed by Nordstrom!


Scamp wrote:
DI, as smallfry commented, disputing your own, legitimately-earned inquiries is your own choice and is a good way to get a fraud alert slapped on your files; however, because the FICO forums do not advocate such unethical credit 'repair' tactics, we would appreciate your not discussing such actions here.

Not new to me.  I know how to work the system. thanks!

Valued Member
KristenM
Posts: 33
Registered: ‎03-31-2008
0

Re: Amazed by Nordstrom!


bamagirl1 wrote:

KristenM!

That's awesome, Congrats!!

 

I do have a quick question, when you app'd for Nordstrom, how many inquiries did you have on your credit report? Just wondering...I want to app but I keep waiting as I want to be sure I get approved!

Thanks!--

Again Congrats.



Thanks!
They pulled EQ and I had no INQs and a FICO of 634 with 5 COs. My friend had 1 INQ when she applied a few months ago with a score ~700 and also got the store card. 

 


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+