Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazed by Nordstrom!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazed by Nordstrom!

At the end of last year I tried for a Nordstrom card and to my amazement was given a $2000 store card. This was after being denied for most other cards.

Have used it a handful of times, no more than $150 at a time and PIF each time.

I tried to call yesterday and after being on hold for over an hour hung up. Tried again today and spoke to the nicest woman. Got a CLI of $3000 up to $5000 and they asked to pull my CR to upgrade to Visa. Not happy about the pull but crossing my fingers it goes through.

It was so refreshing to talk to them on the phone after dealing with the uncaring, incompetence of Cap1 and Orchard Bank earlier in the morning!! 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
VEEVEE
Regular Contributor

Re: Amazed by Nordstrom!

CONGRADSSmiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 9
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

KristenM!

That's awesome, Congrats!!

I do have a quick question, when you app'd for Nordstrom, how many inquiries did you have on your credit report? Just wondering...I want to app but I keep waiting as I want to be sure I get approved!

Thanks!--

Again Congrats.

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 3 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

I just disputed my inquiry with Nordstrom.  I don't want that name on my reports after declining me. I still haven't receive a decline letter yet.
Message 4 of 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:
I just disputed my inquiry with Nordstrom.  I don't want that name on my reports after declining me. I still haven't receive a decline letter yet.

You're a big boy so go for it. Just understand it can result in a fraud alert on your credit report/s.

Message 5 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

@smallfry wrote:

@DI wrote:

You're a big boy so go for it. Just understand it can result in a fraud alert on your credit report/s.

I'm hoping EQ is having technical diffculties like they did over the summer.  All of my inquires got deleted within 24 hours.  It was the best feeling, and a fresh start.  Now I am back at 9 inquires.  

Message 6 of 9
Scamp
Valued Contributor

DI, as smallfry commented, disputing your own, legitimately-earned inquiries is your own choice and is a good way to get a fraud alert slapped on your files; however, because the FICO forums do not advocate such unethical credit 'repair' tactics, we would appreciate your not discussing such actions here.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 7 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

@Scamp wrote:
DI, as smallfry commented, disputing your own, legitimately-earned inquiries is your own choice and is a good way to get a fraud alert slapped on your files; however, because the FICO forums do not advocate such unethical credit 'repair' tactics, we would appreciate your not discussing such actions here.

Not new to me.  I know how to work the system. thanks!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bamagirl1 wrote:

KristenM!

That's awesome, Congrats!!

I do have a quick question, when you app'd for Nordstrom, how many inquiries did you have on your credit report? Just wondering...I want to app but I keep waiting as I want to be sure I get approved!

Thanks!--

Again Congrats.

Thanks!
They pulled EQ and I had no INQs and a FICO of 634 with 5 COs. My friend had 1 INQ when she applied a few months ago with a score ~700 and also got the store card. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.