Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazing Cards, Time to Garden: THANK YOU EVERYONE

tag
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Re: Amazing Cards, Time to Garden: THANK YOU EVERYONE

Congrats! Now time to maintain that credit with your new toys haha

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 11 of 13
h4ldol
Contributor

The first 3 will be my main cards, and I'm excited to start earning cash back. I'll use my Amex BCE for gas, my Chase Freedom based on rotating categories, then transfer the point to my CSP to give 1:1 to other partners.

Why BCE for gas instead of your BoA?  The BoA gets 3% for gas and the BCE only 2%, and vice versa for groceries.  So, to maximize cashback it's better to use BoA Cash Rewards for gas and BCE for groceries.  Also, BoA credits your rewards at the end of the billing cycle (e.g. very fast) as opposed to AMEX, which can take a couple cycles to get. 

Message 12 of 13
BlueHusky
Contributor

@h4ldol wrote:

The first 3 will be my main cards, and I'm excited to start earning cash back. I'll use my Amex BCE for gas, my Chase Freedom based on rotating categories, then transfer the point to my CSP to give 1:1 to other partners.

Why BCE for gas instead of your BoA?  The BoA gets 3% for gas and the BCE only 2%, and vice versa for groceries.  So, to maximize cashback it's better to use BoA Cash Rewards for gas and BCE for groceries.  Also, BoA credits your rewards at the end of the billing cycle (e.g. very fast) as opposed to AMEX, which can take a couple cycles to get. 

I don't buy groceries, lol. I prefer my BCE (larger limit, plus it's AMEX) and want to use it often to keep it active, where as the BoA was a card I never used and was surprised when they PC'd it to the 123 Cash Rewards (previously a Platinum select - no rewards at all). Unfortunately (or I guess, fortunately) my ONLY expense right now is gas. It's the only thing I buy, everything else is taken care of. So if I want to use my BCE and keep AMEX happy, I can only do it with gas...but I guess I will use both BCE and BoA for gas until the Freedom is 5% on gas.

Starting Score: 583 (CreditKarma, 2009)
Current Score: 783 (Walmart Free FICO, March 20, 2012), 774 (Equifax, BoA Pull, 2/20/13)
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.