Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon 0%

tag
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Amazon 0%

So last June I purchase a projector from Amazon and they were offering 0% for 12 months with their credit line, I took it. Today I happened to login my account to see when the promotion ended (just to remind myself that it really was 12 months and not 6). It has a column of Accrued Interest Charges. I haven't missed a payment so I am not sure what that column is. Does it show what interest I would pay if I don't pay the balance by the end of the promotional period?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

Re: Amazon 0%

Yes. If you have a balance after 12 months, you pay 12 months of interest.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 2 of 5
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Yes that is the way it works, so best to pay it off a month or so early just to be safe, you don't want to get hit with $250 interest surprise. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 3 of 5
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

I just wanted to make sure that that's what it was. I figured it would be the interest amount they would charge if I didn't pay it before then, but I wanted to be certain hehe. Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
bribro
Valued Contributor

As someone already said, pay that thing off a month early and get some kind of confirmation for evidence. I missed the pay off date on one of these deferred interest deals on a $2,000 TV I bought at Best Buy and got slammed with some ridiculous amother of interest, $600+ as I recall. With enough complaining they took away the interest charges, but those promotions can be very dangerous.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.