Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Accounts - Payments

tag
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

Amazon Accounts - Payments

I just noticed something about my Amazon store card.  The normal account, not the Visa.  I made two payments this month, one was prior to my payment date by a two weeks, and then I made another payment last week.  Normally, most creditor's would apply that second payment to the next month, but Amazon didn't.  LOL!  My billing cycle closed yesterday and they have a min. due $25 by Nov.8th.   

Just made me laugh because when I make more than one payment all my other creditor's, always applied one of those payements to the next month, so I techncially it's like paying it in advance. I just did this exact same thing with Chase and I have no payment due for November since I paid twice this month. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Amazon Accounts - Payments

Um.  If you say so.  I have lots and lots of credit cards, and while they'll all accept more than one payment, there is still a payment due every 30 days...

Be careful.

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 5
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

Right....I've made 2 payments in one billing cycle and I still have a payment due the next billing due date.....unless I make two payments in one month but in two separate cycles, then I don't have a payment due the next cycle

So yeah, Amazon is correct. You made two payments In one cycle

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 3 of 5
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

I have a couple of BT balances sitting, and I often pay a couple of times each month...but I will still have a new payment due each month.

Message 4 of 5
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

Hmmm no  biggie guys.  I always make a payment regardless of whether I have a payment due or not unless I have a zero balance of course. But it's been my experience that if I've made more than one payment within my billing cycle - maybe that's the key the next month, it's says' min. due 0 which is the case for me now with Chase and a few other of my accounts.  But if that is not your experience no biggie...just sharing mine!Smiley Happy  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.