Regular Contributor
Fresh-Start

Amazon Accounts - Payments

I just noticed something about my Amazon store card.  The normal account, not the Visa.  I made two payments this month, one was prior to my payment date by a two weeks, and then I made another payment last week.  Normally, most creditor's would apply that second payment to the next month, but Amazon didn't.  LOL!  My billing cycle closed yesterday and they have a min. due $25 by Nov.8th.   

Just made me laugh because when I make more than one payment all my other creditor's, always applied one of those payements to the next month, so I techncially it's like paying it in advance. I just did this exact same thing with Chase and I have no payment due for November since I paid twice this month. 

Valued Contributor
tcbofade

Re: Amazon Accounts - Payments

Um.  If you say so.  I have lots and lots of credit cards, and while they'll all accept more than one payment, there is still a payment due every 30 days...

Be careful.

Current Scores: EX 676 (FCR) TU08: 648 Wally (TU08). 07/01/14 Last app 05/29/2014.
Gardening until 01 November 2014.
(Thou shalt not app, thou shalt not app, thou shalt not app...)
Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Frequent Contributor
Sparkz1920

Right....I've made 2 payments in one billing cycle and I still have a payment due the next billing due date.....unless I make two payments in one month but in two separate cycles, then I don't have a payment due the next cycle

So yeah, Amazon is correct. You made two payments In one cycle

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Valued Contributor
Jazzzy

I have a couple of BT balances sitting, and I often pay a couple of times each month...but I will still have a new payment due each month.

Regular Contributor
Fresh-Start

Hmmm no  biggie guys.  I always make a payment regardless of whether I have a payment due or not unless I have a zero balance of course. But it's been my experience that if I've made more than one payment within my billing cycle - maybe that's the key the next month, it's says' min. due 0 which is the case for me now with Chase and a few other of my accounts.  But if that is not your experience no biggie...just sharing mine!:smileyhappy:  

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+