Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon CC or Chase Amazon CC???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon CC or Chase Amazon CC???

Greetings,

OK...I have done extensive research on either the regular store Amazon CC or the Chase Amazon CC and I would like to get the forum members personal experiences with which they eventually obtained.  My DW shops "ALOT" on Amazon and I was wondering why not get the extra 3% per prime purchase?  Also, I heard that if we are already Prime Amazon members that we get 5% on purchases...is this true?  I just hate the fact that we are letting savings go down the drain by not having this card. What are your thoughts???  Thanks in advance.

MJH

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon CC or Chase Amazon CC???

if you already are a prime member then the store card for 5% is best IMO. not to mention you'll get a much higher limit. the only benefit of the chase card is the 2% category but that's nominal if you spend most of your money on amazon.
Message 2 of 8
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
if you already are a prime member then the store card for 5% is best IMO. not to mention you'll get a much higher limit. the only benefit of the chase card is the 2% category but that's nominal if you spend most of your money on amazon.

What he said.

Message 3 of 8
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

I too would go for the store only card ..... I would have opted for it it if I didn't already have the Chase. I don't use my Chase Amazon outside of Amazon anyway so the "Visa" privildge is pointless for me. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Store card for sure. I use it all the time! The no interest purchases are the best!

Message 5 of 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Unless you don't already have something for 2% dining/gas/whatever, not much going for the Amazon Visa. You can get 5% with the store card, which is more than 3%. The 2% categories are nice on the Chase card, but basically meaningless if you have other decent cards.

It's nice that the Chase card is a Visa you can use anywhere, but like I said, there's better options for spending on outside of Amazon.

Unless you really want a card to use everywhere I'd go for the store card.

Message 6 of 8
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
if you already are a prime member then the store card for 5% is best IMO. not to mention you'll get a much higher limit. the only benefit of the chase card is the 2% category but that's nominal if you spend most of your money on amazon

This

The two percent category covers restaurants, gas, and drug stores, but so does the Citi double cash. Get the Prime card pronto. The Chase Amazon no longer benefits me.

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 7 of 8
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Amazon store card for sure! 5% or defered payments as an option. 

Plus call in once you get the card and ask for $25,000 credit limit. Synchrony likes to give big lines to customers.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.