Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Card Denial Reasons?!?

tag
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Amazon Card Denial Reasons?!?

So I got my letter from GE about the denial for the Amazon store card.  One reason was not enough premium cards, and the second was not enough experience with premium cards.  I've never seen this as a reason for denial in my life...seems they can make up any reason for denial these days.  It used to actually be my credit score and history but now its because I dont have "premium" cards.  What exactly is their definition of "premium".

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
from500to700
Regular Contributor

Re: Amazon Card Denial Reasons?!?

The cards in your signature are more premium than thwier card 

I have a friend who gets their card with only Cap 1 secured in his file 

As you said it looks like they will always try to justify their denial

Started :
05/05/2013 EX :525,TU:542,EQ:535
09/30/2014 EX :655,TU:669,EQ:664
In Garden Since 03/16/2013
Will not Apply till 03/31/2015
Message 2 of 5
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Crazy. Maybe it just means too soon? GL!
Message 3 of 5
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

It is an odd reason but it is kind of true. You don't have "premium" cards but I don't see how that would be a factor for a store card. I might understand if it were the Chase Amazon. Weird for sure. If it makes you feel any better I got denied a CLI for like 5 odd reasons. Most of which basically said My spending has decreased on the card in the last 13 months and they don't like that so you can't have a CLI. 

Message 4 of 5
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Thanks guys!  I mean I've only had my Discover card for 3 months but my Cap 1 cards are coming up on 3 years and Barclay is over a year...I was gonna say I sure hope GE isnt considering itself "premium".  Off to the garden till it snows again need to let these denial wounds heal Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.