Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Card approval requirements

tag
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

Amazon Card approval requirements

Hello all, still in process of acquiring credit after a horrible last 3 years and I'm really interested in the amazon "store card" and wanted to know if anyone could give me some insight as to what they are looking for. I know its backed by GE which is the main reason (luv button) and this will be my last card for a while (going gardening Smiley Happy) with that said I've been turned down from best buy and jcp in dec. however my score has since raised about 20 pts with TU whom I understand is who they use? I have an orchard card (300) 0 bal, secured cap 1 (500) 78 bal, and just got a cap 1 unsecured credit steps with a 300 limit yesterday. Anyway any insight would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

CH 7 BK discharged 05/15 goal scores 680 across the board
Current Score: TU 657 EQ 676 EX 657 FICO pull 03/20/17

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
 photo Disney siggy 5000.png photo SWP Premier 2500.png photo virgin america 2300.jpg photo lexus 2500.png photo toyota 2500.png photo kays1500.jpg photo hsn4000.png photo GoodSam 1000.png photo buckle 900.jpg photo af 250.png photo valero.jpg photo fingerhut.jpg
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Amazon Card approval requirements

@SupraTurbo2jz wrote:

Hello all, still in process of acquiring credit after a horrible last 3 years and I'm really interested in the amazon "store card" and wanted to know if anyone could give me some insight as to what they are looking for. I know its backed by GE which is the main reason (luv button) and this will be my last card for a while (going gardening Smiley Happy) with that said I've been turned down from best buy and jcp in dec. however my score has since raised about 20 pts with TU whom I understand is who they use? I have an orchard card (300) 0 bal, secured cap 1 (500) 78 bal, and just got a cap 1 unsecured credit steps with a 300 limit yesterday. Anyway any insight would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

IMO, your score is a bit low for GE. I can't tell from your sig if your TU FICO is a real FICO, or is the Vantage FAKO. Your util is low, but do you have any baddies on your cr? How old is your oldest cc? I got an old navy GE cc last year, but I did have one year or cr history on 2 installment loans and only one baddie, which was over 6 yrs old (and has since fallen off). It depends on how recent any baddies are and how long your credit history is. IMO, if you weren't approved for jcp, I doubt you'd be approved for amazon based on your sig scored. Of course, there is no way to tell for sure, but that's just my opinion based on my experience and what I've read here.
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 15
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

the TU is a fico and yes i do have baddies sallie mae has 8 months of bad reporting due to forebearence issues they will not resolve have 8 on time payments since, older bk from 03/04 and paid charge off hsbc from 02/06 2 paid state tax liens and just got my approval for removal of irs liens from this 06/11. my oldest cc both opened in october new car loan in dec. AAoA is 4.5 years with my oldest being 22 years.

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
 photo Disney siggy 5000.png photo SWP Premier 2500.png photo virgin america 2300.jpg photo lexus 2500.png photo toyota 2500.png photo kays1500.jpg photo hsn4000.png photo GoodSam 1000.png photo buckle 900.jpg photo af 250.png photo valero.jpg photo fingerhut.jpg
Message 3 of 15
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@SupraTurbo2jz wrote:

the TU is a fico and yes i do have baddies sallie mae has 8 months of bad reporting due to forebearence issues they will not resolve have 8 on time payments since, older bk from 03/04 and paid charge off hsbc from 02/06 2 paid state tax liens and just got my approval for removal of irs liens from this 06/11. my oldest cc both opened in october new car loan in dec. AAoA is 4.5 years with my oldest being 22 years.

I was approved recently for the Amazon Store Card with close to the same scores.  Although I have less trouble in my wake, I do have a judgement from 2 yrs ago but nothing else.  My scores are low due to util.  We recently paid for a wedding and pushed our limits on the cards.

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 4 of 15
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

Seems to be that even tho the score may go higher once the tax issue is resolved I still may not qualify based on the other issues hampering me. I just wanted to get a card that I could grow with and not have a bizillion inquiries plus I would definetly use the card for things I currently need. Don't know what to do at this point, maybe see what my score hits when the liens come off my report and if a substantial jump give it a shot otherwise I'm guessing I'm stuck with what I got until the other baddies fall off...

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
Message 5 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@SupraTurbo2jz wrote:

With your current TU score I would recommentd gardening for 6 months and get some good history on your current accounts and hopefully your TU FICO will rise before you app.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@SupraTurbo2jz wrote:

I would seriously garden for a year with the current cards and work on getting these items removed and resolved first before apping. You don;t want to waste INQ's and futher damage your scores.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 15
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

Pretty much my thoughts...I will check back to let you guys know what my score goes to once the liens come off, one is from this year and one is from 08 but I've been making payments on them. Spoke with the advisor this morning and shes processing paperwork as we speak Smiley Happy. hopefully will have them removed by end of the month...current util was I think 15% I will get that to under 9% hopefully with another boost in score.

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
Message 8 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@SupraTurbo2jz wrote:

Pretty much my thoughts...I will check back to let you guys know what my score goes to once the liens come off, one is from this year and one is from 08 but I've been making payments on them. Spoke with the advisor this morning and shes processing paperwork as we speak Smiley Happy. hopefully will have them removed by end of the month...current util was I think 15% I will get that to under 9% hopefully with another boost in score.

Recent liens are almost always a dealbreaker for new CC's. Make sure you get it removed and not updated to paid.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 15
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

nope they will be removed as per the irs new program. they are completely withdrawen* as if it never happed...to bad the state of Ohio doesn't do this.

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.