Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Card vs PayPal Credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Card vs PayPal Credit?

Looking to finish a PC build of about 250$'s and I need one more store card (or MC/Visa) I felt these two were the way to go to make the purchase for PC parts.

Does anyone have input on these two as to which would be better for this kind of stuff and approval rate etc?

Thanks All !

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
juggar
Contributor

Re: Amazon Card vs PayPal Credit?

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking to finish a PC build of about 250$'s and I need one more store card (or MC/Visa) I felt these two were the way to go to make the purchase for PC parts.

Does anyone have input on these two as to which would be better for this kind of stuff and approval rate etc?

Thanks All !

Apply for the PayPal Extras mastercard, it hooks directly in with your Paypal account so if you have money in the paypal account(from ebay sales like me) you can apply it directly to the extras card and it reflects on your available credit immediately. When I got approved I think my score was like ~650 

Still takes a few days for the balance to update, but still its nice to see an instant impact and more available credit.

They have been having some pretty good rewards stuff going on with the paypal card, I get emails where its like " hey, activate this offer and use your card at least once and you get a $10 statement credit" . 

If you cant get approved for that try paypal buyer credit (used to be bill-me-later). 

You can also try the newegg preferred card, now the newegg preferred and paypal buyer credit dont report anything to the CB's unless your late. So the limits wont show and it wont show as a tradeline. 

Oh, and if you want both the extras mastercard and paypal buyer credit you need two separate paypal accounts. You would need a third if you wanted the ebay mastercard. 

Amex Green, Chase Freedom(7.5K), Nationwide Visa Signature(6K), Chase Sapphire Preferred(6k), Cap One VentureOne visa signature (5K) BoA Cash Rewards siggy (5K), BoA travel rewards visa siggy(5K) PayPal Extras Mastercard(5K), Capital One QuickSilver(2.25K) Newegg Preferred Account(2K), Citi Forward(3.4K), Dell Account(2K) Discover IT(2.4K), Chase Slate (1.5K) Citi Diamond Preferred ($800), BestBuy Mastercard ($1500),Bill-Me-Later(1.2K), ,Barclay Mastercard(2K). TigerDirect TigerPay(3.15K), Wal-mart credit card(3.9K), Amazon store card (2K)

equifax - 720, TU - 747, Exp - 734 - report date 11/24/2014
15+ inqs...
Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@juggar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks All !

Apply for the PayPal Extras mastercard, it hooks directly in with your Paypal account so if you have money in the paypal account(from ebay sales like me) you can apply it directly to the extras card and it reflects on your available credit immediately. When I got approved I think my score was like ~650 

Still takes a few days for the balance to update, but still its nice to see an instant impact and more available credit.

They have been having some pretty good rewards stuff going on with the paypal card, I get emails where its like " hey, activate this offer and use your card at least once and you get a $10 statement credit" . 

If you cant get approved for that try paypal buyer credit (used to be bill-me-later). 

You can also try the newegg preferred card, now the newegg preferred and paypal buyer credit dont report anything to the CB's unless your late. So the limits wont show and it wont show as a tradeline. 

Oh, and if you want both the extras mastercard and paypal buyer credit you need two separate paypal accounts. You would need a third if you wanted the ebay mastercard. 

Thank you so much. I'll app for the Paypal card. I thought the newegg one was discontinued?

Message 3 of 28
juggar
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@juggar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks All !

Thank you so much. I'll app for the Paypal card. I thought the newegg one was discontinued?

I dont know if it is, but it has been a pretty good credit line for me. gotta pay it down though, those credit lines that dont report make it very easy to spend a lot. lol

Amex Green, Chase Freedom(7.5K), Nationwide Visa Signature(6K), Chase Sapphire Preferred(6k), Cap One VentureOne visa signature (5K) BoA Cash Rewards siggy (5K), BoA travel rewards visa siggy(5K) PayPal Extras Mastercard(5K), Capital One QuickSilver(2.25K) Newegg Preferred Account(2K), Citi Forward(3.4K), Dell Account(2K) Discover IT(2.4K), Chase Slate (1.5K) Citi Diamond Preferred ($800), BestBuy Mastercard ($1500),Bill-Me-Later(1.2K), ,Barclay Mastercard(2K). TigerDirect TigerPay(3.15K), Wal-mart credit card(3.9K), Amazon store card (2K)

equifax - 720, TU - 747, Exp - 734 - report date 11/24/2014
15+ inqs...
Message 4 of 28
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Juggar,

Good morning. I have a question and hopefully you can help me. I have one paypal account which is linked with my Paypal credit. I opened another paypal account a long time ago with the intentions of apping for the paypal mastercard, yet when I apply it recognizes my social # and won't process my application. Am I doing something wrong? I also tried to app for the ebay mastercard and got the same error message. I thought as long as you had separate accounts you could qualify for both.

Appreciate your help.

Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@juggar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@juggar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks All !

I dont know if it is, but it has been a pretty good credit line for me. gotta pay it down though, those credit lines that dont report make it very easy to spend a lot. lol

Haha I bet, Yeah I think its allpaypal credit now.

Message 6 of 28
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Neither Newegg Preferred and Paypal Credit don't report to bureaus. Amazon Store card and Paypal Extras do. I think it depends on whether you want a new account to show up on your CR.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also (I havent applied or have it but was looking into it not to long ago) if you apply for the Paypal Mastercard and you dont get approved they will try to approve you for the Paypal smart connect (its kinda like PayPals store card) that also links directly to your paypal account but its more like a online line of credit (revolving of course)

if you do get approved for the paypal smart connect instead of paypal mastercard you can open a paypal business debit card (its a SP not a HP) and link your smart connect as the backup funding source and pretty much use it anywhere Mastercard is accepted so it basically becomes a Mastercard. It also gives you 1% Cash Back (the paypal business Debit Mastercard)
Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Also (I havent applied or have it but was looking into it not to long ago) if you apply for the Paypal Mastercard and you dont get approved they will try to approve you for the Paypal smart connect (its kinda like PayPals store card) that also links directly to your paypal account but its more like a online line of credit (revolving of course)

if you do get approved for the paypal smart connect instead of paypal mastercard you can open a paypal business debit card (its a SP not a HP) and link your smart connect as the backup funding source and pretty much use it anywhere Mastercard is accepted so it basically becomes a Mastercard. It also gives you 1% Cash Back (the paypal business Debit Mastercard)

Approved for Smart Connect 300$ Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have the Amazon store card (approved last month) I honestly love it and have no problems with it. There are a lot of bad reviews about it online like they cant find where to make a payment but honestly their website is pretty easy to naviagate. You just have to click on that large button that says "MAKE A PAYMENT" my first payment was $100 and there was no extra hold or anything and actually came through pretty quick. I also love their no financing deals!! $150 or more and you get 6 months.
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.