Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Chase Delink

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Amazon Chase Delink

If I was to delink my Chase Amazon.com Visa from the Amazon website would that affect my credit card with Chase and cause Chase to close the credit card out? I don't like to leave credit card on file, I have had some bad experiences in the past.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Chase Delink

@corymcd88 wrote:

If I was to delink my Chase Amazon.com Visa from the Amazon website would that affect my credit card with Chase and cause Chase to close the credit card out? I don't like to leave credit card on file, I have had some bad experiences in the past.

If you're just talking about removing it from your saved payment methods, you should be perfectly fine. That's an Amazon system and I don't think they would share that information with Chase

Message 2 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

If you're just talking about removing it from your saved payment methods, you should be perfectly fine. That's an Amazon system and I don't think they would share that information with Chase

There is some communication with Chase (or Discover/Citi/Amex) in that it shows your reward balance to offer you the opportunity to pay with points.

But I doubt Chase would care, they are perfectly fine with you spending in the 1 and 2x categories!

Message 3 of 5
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Thanks. I had a very bad experience someone got hold of my account and charged a lot of stuff and it was a mess.

Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

No.  You don't need to store a payment method on any web site and removing a payment method won't have any effect with the creditor.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.