Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Chase Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Chase Visa

Hi there,

While reviewing my credit scores online today, My Amazon Chase Visa changed from a "credit card" to a "flexible spending credit card". What does this mean? Has anyone else had this happen with this card?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Chase Visa

Welcome to the board.  This is nothing new.  It just means you are allowed to go over the credit line assign to you should you need a little bit more when purchasing.  But the approval of the over the limit purchase is done at the bank/lender's discretion...

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there,

While reviewing my credit scores online today, My Amazon Chase Visa changed from a "credit card" to a "flexible spending credit card". What does this mean? Has anyone else had this happen with this card?

Thanks in advance!

A flexible spending card allows you to charge over your limit.  for example, if your CL is $5000, you could charge $6000 but on your next statement you would have to pay your minimum payment along with the extra $1000.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting thanks for the info. Does this mean there will be a total credit limit increase as well or just simply I can go over? 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting thanks for the info. Does this mean there will be a total credit limit increase as well or just simply I can go over? 

Has no bearing on any credit limit increase.  If you go over, your limit stays the same.

Message 5 of 6
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

I always wondered whet the difference was! Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.