Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Chase Visa

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Amazon Chase Visa

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh wow, thanks for the info.  Is Chase always that way? I've never applied with them because if the 5/24 rule. 

Don't overlook prior threads as a resource. Many find that they don't get anywhere with Chase when it comes to CLI's and APR reductions unless they app for a new card. Then there are those like my wife who has received multiple autoCLI's on her Chase card.

@Anonymous wrote:

Depends on where you get your score from. Did you get it from Credit Karma? 

Credit Karma isn't accurate at all. 

CK doesn't provide any scores based on EX or access to EX report data -- just TU and EQ.

All scores are accurate. Accuracy isn't about how well a scoring model mimics another. Different models evaluate report data differently and can have different scoring ranges. It's relevance that matters for any scoring model whether FICO or FAKO. CK's scores are only relevant to products where a TU or EQ VantageScore 3.0 is used in the decision but the same sort of thing applies to any scoring model. While most creditors use a FICO model there are those that do not and some of them use VantageScore. Even with those that use a FICO model they do not all use the same model and the specific model used can impact the number generated.  There isn't just one model used by creditors so you can't assume that one is accurate while all others are not.

@Anonymous wrote:

Score is 740 Experian but rated at 652 on the Chase APR info sheet. 

Again, relevance matters.  Chase didn't use whatever score you pulled that was 740.  Always consider the specifici scoring model -- not just the CRA and not just whether a givne score is a FICO or not.  I don't know if they only use this score but IIRC Chase does have its own CARS score.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great point about CK not providing EX scores, but my point is still accurate to a point... CK scores aren't accurate and shouldn't be used before applying for credit. I shouldn've said accurate based on what an actual lender pulls up.. Does any lender use a Vantage score? 

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase having its own scoring model makes it difficult for really get a bead on how to improve to get Chase cards.  Amex is straight forward.  FICO.  Suppose I'll have to go for a CSP or work this Amazon card for a year to build up some Chase credibility before I go to CSR.  Either way I am suprised by the discrepency between FICO and Chase's CAR.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase having its own scoring model makes it difficult for really get a bead on how to improve to get Chase cards.  Amex is straight forward.  FICO.  Suppose I'll have to go for a CSP or work this Amazon card for a year to build up some Chase credibility before I go to CSR.  Either way I am suprised by the discrepency between FICO and Chase's CAR.

Also, I must add in: You may not know this or not, but you cannot product change a Chase co-branded card to a regular Chase card. Trust me, I've tried. 

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive had the chase Amazon since 2008. They have never done a voluntary CLI. Ive asked twice, both received CLI's of $4000 or more. 

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

FWIW, I've also had the strange behavior where I received an initial $5K limit on the Chase Amazon Visa, only to have it ship to me with a $6,500 limit. A few others have reported this. 

I'm left wondering if I'm even going to use this card now, though, as I decided to get the Prime Store Card as well. 5% rewards and the ability to finance at 0% for 6 to 12 months was too good to pass up. The Chase card doesn't really have any great uses outside of Amazon, as my AmEx SPG and Costco card generally delivery higher rewards for non-Amazon purchases. Time will tell, I guess. My Prime Card limit is really low (started at $1K), so I have the Chase as a backup if I decide to finance a purchase on the Synchrony line. 

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ive had the chase Amazon since 2008. They have never done a voluntary CLI. Ive asked twice, both received CLI's of $4000 or more. 

Did you get it hit with an HP each time? 

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That is a great starting limit. I only started at 500. had the same limit for 3 years until I finally called and asked for an increase. They gave me 5,500, which was huge to me!

@Anonymous wrote:

When ordering on Amazon today I got offer for a 50.00 gift card if I apply for their Chase Visa.  I finally caved (the free money wore me down).  I was instantly approved for 4000, I'm not sure what a good starting limit is with them.  Can anyone tell me how they are with increases? Will I be stuck at 4000 forever, do they do hp or sp? 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.