Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Chase

tag
voidman
Established Contributor

Amazon Chase

Hi all,

Well I shop a lot at Amazon, so decided to get the card for 3% reward program, Applied for it and got a 30 days notice blah blah blah. 

All my cards were never approved instantly so I am not surprised with it.

But for a movment I did not think of my other Chase accounts.

1. Chase Freedom $9100 - $400 balance

2. Wamu Chase $500 - $0.99 balance

Other balances

Car Loan ~$750

Amex - ~$300

and fico last month TU was 750

Though I should be ok (I think) with the score, I did not realise that Chase could reject for too many accounts with them.

Any idea if 2 accounts with Chase is too many or If they think that I have enough credit from them?

Thanks.

-void
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Chase

@voidman wrote:

Hi all,

Well I shop a lot at Amazon, so decided to get the card for 3% reward program, Applied for it and got a 30 days notice blah blah blah. 

All my cards were never approved instantly so I am not surprised with it.

But for a movment I did not think of my other Chase accounts.

1. Chase Freedom $9100 - $400 balance

2. Wamu Chase $500 - $0.99 balance

Other balances

Car Loan ~$750

Amex - ~$300

and fico last month TU was 750

Though I should be ok (I think) with the score, I did not realise that Chase could reject for too many accounts with them.

Any idea if 2 accounts with Chase is too many or If they think that I have enough credit from them?

Thanks.

I also applied just last week and got the same message. Check the sticky at the top of the board and call the recon number listed for Chase. I answered a few questions and BINGO! They had pulled Experian for my app. I had to replace 2 vehicles in the past year and each time the dealer shotgunned a zillion banks with my app. I had tons of inquiries showing but the analyst looked at it, saw it for what it was, and approved me.

Best of luck!

CB

Message 2 of 10
voidman
Established Contributor

Hi Charliebrown,

I received a mail from amazon.com overnight stating that I am approved for the card. But I don't know what the credit limit is. Hope it does not depend on what I had in the checkout cart then that would suck as I had a product worth $150. I will be upset if the card has CL of $500

Anyway, it would be a good card for low limit as well coz most of my purchases are sub $100

-void
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@voidman wrote:

Hi Charliebrown,

I received a mail from amazon.com overnight stating that I am approved for the card. But I don't know what the credit limit is. Hope it does not depend on what I had in the checkout cart then that would suck as I had a product worth $150. I will be upset if the card has CL of $500

Anyway, it would be a good card for low limit as well coz most of my purchases are sub $100

I'm new to Chase but from what I have read on the boards the initial line may be on the low side but an auto CLI happens in about 3 months. I guess they just want to get a feel for how you are going to do with the card. YMMV.

CB

Message 4 of 10
MAstudent07
Contributor

I will agree with the above statement. Just a couple of days ago, I was chatting with my sister about this card. She has this card in her collection, and she told me that her limit started fairly low a year ago. Her limit has risen to about 1900.00, therefore, in my sister's case it has happened as mentioned by mr. cbrown.

Amex BCE| BOA CB| Freedom| Citi DC| Discover It|
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MAstudent07 wrote:

I will agree with the above statement. Just a couple of days ago, I was chatting with my sister about this card. She has this card in her collection, and she told me that her limit started fairly low a year ago. Her limit has risen to about 1900.00, therefore, in my sister's case it has happened as mentioned by mr. cbrown.

I've had a Chase Amazon Visa for about 3 years and the initial limit of $1500 has since grown to $4700 with 4 automatic CLIs. 

Message 6 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

Nice increase, what was usage pattern like and the timing spread on the clis?

A hard free CLI can be a rare find at Chase. 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:

The timing was strange and unpredictable.  After the first approximately 7 months they upped me to $2500 and then at the one-year mark it went to $3000.  1/2 a year later they upped it to $3300 and I called them about a PC because I heard someone say they might discontinue the Amazon relationship and I feared losing the card.  The lady was really nice and assured me that they wouldn't be ending their relationship with Amazon anytime soon and even if they did they'd do an automatic PC for Amazon cardholders.  She then asked me why I didn't add a family member as an AU and I told her I had thought of adding my daughter, but didn't want her to have free reign with over $3k.  I asked the lady if Chase allowed the primary cardholder to set a lower limit on the supplemental cardholder and she said they couldn't, but I could always apply for another Chase card and ask for a minimum $500 limit.  She told me, though, that I was pretty much at my max with $3300 so she could approve me for a Chase Freedom with a $500 limit and reduce my Chase Amazon to $2700.  So I took the offer.  Another 7 months or so went buy and they upped me to $3800 and just about two months ago I hit $4500.  The Chase Freedom, though, has been shown no automatic love at all during it's year and a half lifespan.

The Chase Freedom I run at about $300 per month always PIF'd.  The Chase Amazon gets a steady $1k month per month of use -- almost exclusively at Amazon.com and also PIF'd. 

I can't figure out why they'd increase me so much on the Amazon and never increase the Freedom.  Still, unlike a lot of people, I have always had really good experience with Chase.  I wish I could get Discover to up my CL on their own.  If they did I'd start using that card a lot.

Message 8 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@score_building wrote:

The timing was strange and unpredictable.  After the first approximately 7 months they upped me to $2500 and then at the one-year mark it went to $3000.  1/2 a year later they upped it to $3300 and I called them about a PC because I heard someone say they might discontinue the Amazon relationship and I feared losing the card.  The lady was really nice and assured me that they wouldn't be ending their relationship with Amazon anytime soon and even if they did they'd do an automatic PC for Amazon cardholders.  She then asked me why I didn't add a family member as an AU and I told her I had thought of adding my daughter, but didn't want her to have free reign with over $3k.  I asked the lady if Chase allowed the primary cardholder to set a lower limit on the supplemental cardholder and she said they couldn't, but I could always apply for another Chase card and ask for a minimum $500 limit.  She told me, though, that I was pretty much at my max with $3300 so she could approve me for a Chase Freedom with a $500 limit and reduce my Chase Amazon to $2700.  So I took the offer.  Another 7 months or so went buy and they upped me to $3800 and just about two months ago I hit $4500.  The Chase Freedom, though, has been shown no automatic love at all during it's year and a half lifespan.

The Chase Freedom I run at about $300 per month always PIF'd.  The Chase Amazon gets a steady $1k month per month of use -- almost exclusively at Amazon.com and also PIF'd. 

I can't figure out why they'd increase me so much on the Amazon and never increase the Freedom.  Still, unlike a lot of people, I have always had really good experience with Chase.  I wish I could get Discover to up my CL on their own.  If they did I'd start using that card a lot.

Thanks for the awesomely detailed response, can't quite figure out Chase but glad to hear of good experiences with them, I too have been lucky so far to have had no significant problems with them.  Seems like Discover witholds CLIs for some for sport Smiley Very Happy  They won't budge from the initial CL they granted me more than a year ago Smiley Indifferent

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 9 of 10
voidman
Established Contributor

The card got added to my chase profile, with $400 CL.  This is the lowest CL card I have.

I guess, Chase determined that I have enough credit from them. Hope the card grows with time.

-void
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.