Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon... Instant Denied

tag
PetRaccoon
New Contributor

Re: Amazon... Instant Denied

Wow, crazy.. Guess I should look around some more.. But I saw the Chase Freedom offer and couldn't pass it up. Does the 100 points accure even if you like, buy a stick of gum?

TU08:: 754 (4/14) EQ: 745 (6/14) 753 (1/13) Ex: 766 (12/11)
Goal: 800! Then Keep it there and keep growing!~
Card(s): HSBC Premier WMC: 5,000 (7/09), Chase Freedom 6,000 (11/11) BCE 3,200 (12/11) Chase Saph: 5,000 (5/12)
Message 11 of 19
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@PetRaccoon wrote:

Wow, crazy.. Guess I should look around some more.. But I saw the Chase Freedom offer and couldn't pass it up. Does the 100 points accure even if you like, buy a stick of gum?

I believe so long as something bills to the card you get the 100 points ($0.62 - $1.00).

Message 12 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Why Amazon Store card over a Citi Visa!?

Amazon is a store card, much easier then visa (unless you get Amazon Visa by Chase... but I dislike them too!

Amazon is backed by GE and I have 2 Approvals for them in the last 7 days

I applied for Citi Forward, I'm black listed I belive!

Message 13 of 19
debtfree09
Regular Contributor

I reconned two GEMB credit cards as soon as I was improved and got CLIs; Lowes from 500 to 1000 and same with CareCredit. 

Message 14 of 19
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Why Amazon Store card over a Citi Visa!?

Amazon is a store card, much easier then visa (unless you get Amazon Visa by Chase... but I dislike them too!

Amazon is backed by GE and I have 2 Approvals for them in the last 7 days

I applied for Citi Forward, I'm black listed I belive!

I wonder if that's why you weren't approved. Maybe they will only approve a certain number in a given timeframe. CCCs tend to get nervous when they see someone getting a lot of CCs at once. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ Creditaddict:  I see, thanks for clarifying.  So we are in agreement that the Citi Forward is a better rewards card for Amazon purchases, but if you aren't able to get approved for Citi Forward, then Amazon Card is the next best thing?

Message 16 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ Creditaddict:  I see, thanks for clarifying.  So we are in agreement that the Citi Forward is a better rewards card for Amazon purchases, but if you aren't able to get approved for Citi Forward, then Amazon Card is the next best thing?

No, Did I mention Citi in this thread?! (I'm confused!)

I eat out a LOT, I think Citi Forward blows all other cards away currently for this.  Other then that I would not even talk about Amazon Store Card not Visa in the same sentence as Citi Forward. It's just usually easy to get approved for and makes check outs a breeze, but if you don't buy big things or need financing the store card is pointless, you earn nothing and if you pay in full you would be much better off using a rewards credit card linked to your Amazon account to earn rewards.  I personally will be linking my new PayPal MC to Amazon as soon as I get it... The reason I applied for Amazon now was that I was thinking I probably wouldn't be approved for more than 1k and since I don't currently need to buy anything big like a new Apple which a lot of times offers 24 months interest free on Amazon Store card I could start now and put my small purchases and build history and work on CLI with GE which is usually decent and by the time I needed it hopefully be up in the 2-3k range on CL... I was shocked to get flat out denied though!

Message 17 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

This post is reason enough for me NOT to apply! Was thinking about it all day Smiley Very Happy

TU FICO score power dinged me bigtime for AAoA / short credit history.

<------------------------- This guy right here...................is a liar.

Trie and DEEEEEE---NIED. Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

This post is reason enough for me NOT to apply! Was thinking about it all day Smiley Very Happy

TU FICO score power dinged me bigtime for AAoA / short credit history.

<------------------------- This guy right here...................is a liar.

Trie and DEEEEEE---NIED. Smiley Very Happy

LOL

and why were you denied?

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.