Did you mean: 

Amazon Issues and the Chase Amazon Rewards Card

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon Issues and the Chase Amazon Rewards Card

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There's a bit of misplaced hostility there, but as you said, it's your opinion.

Not meaning to be hostile, but I do not see the change in policy.  If price matching cost you 4K,  Amazon has a loss limit for customers.  Price matching is a courtesy.  They only give so many credits, then they say no, or they close your account (ran into this when a CSR got overzealous after our debate, they actually closed my accounts, but reinstated first thing on a Monday morning).  I do not have a problem with price matching, but my credits are not 4K annually.

+1

Price matching is a courtesy not a privliage... If you're getting 4K worth in credits Amazon has obviously refused to do it any more for your particular account....

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not meaning to be hostile, but I do not see the change in policy.  If price matching cost you 4K,  Amazon has a loss limit for customers.  Price matching is a courtesy.  They only give so many credits, then they say no, or they clue your account (ran into this when a CSR got overzealous after our debate, they actually closed my accounts, but reinstated first thing Monday morning).  I do not have a problem with price matching, but my credits are not 4K annually.

That comment wasn't meant for you, but the poster before you.  I just hadn't cliked the "quote" button.

As to your specific comment just now.  As I had said originally one of my main reasons for doing busines with Amazon in the first place was the price adjustment guarantee.  Otherwise I can just buy from local merchants in bulk, have them price match, and get them immediately.  Each of you seem to be viewing this issue from a consumer/emotional standpoint and it's not.  As I've said over and over this decision was made by the numbers.  Businesses separate when agreements are no longer mutually beneficial it's called the "Divorce" stage.  

This thread is about PC'ing from one product to another, I only provided the back story as a reference.

Message 22 of 25
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not meaning to be hostile, but I do not see the change in policy.  If price matching cost you 4K,  Amazon has a loss limit for customers.  Price matching is a courtesy.  They only give so many credits, then they say no, or they clue your account (ran into this when a CSR got overzealous after our debate, they actually closed my accounts, but reinstated first thing Monday morning).  I do not have a problem with price matching, but my credits are not 4K annually.

That comment wasn't meant for you, but the poster before you.  I just hadn't cliked the "quote" button.

As to your specific comment just now.  As I had said originally one of my main reasons for doing busines with Amazon in the first place was the price adjustment guarantee.  Otherwise I can just buy from local merchants in bulk, have them price match, and get them immediately.  Each of you seem to be viewing this issue from a consumer/emotional standpoint and it's not.  As I've said over and over this decision was made by the numbers.  Businesses separate when agreements are no longer mutually beneficial it's called the "Divorce" stage.  

This thread is about PC'ing from one product to another, I only provided the back story as a reference.

Either way I think you have your answer now -- the PC cannot be done. So, your options are to either SD or close the card, or just live with it how it is.

Message 23 of 25
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

But, the thread is titled Amazon issues and Amazon Rewards card, not PC?

Signature needs updating
Message 24 of 25
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What emotional standpoint... I couldn't care less about Amazon and barely shop there myself because of the "numbers"..... Doesn't mean i being dramatic and closing all my cards and accounts because of a policy they never really had to begin with .... There was no offical price adjustment guarantee. If your running a business and expecting the place your buying to do a price match or etc then to tell you the truth you're doing it the wrong way and it will catch up to you.... You find a price you think is fair and once you do than you buy it and budget around it..... Prices flux all the time and its nobodies fault other than your own if you bought it at a high time. If we want to talk "business" I can make a lecture about that if I wanted to but this is far from the place to do it.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.