cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Letter Regarding Denial in January.... ODD!!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Amazon Letter Regarding Denial in January.... ODD!!

Okay so some of you all probably have seen my GE APP Spree in Dec/Jan. and then again in June.

I had the oddest instant denial for Amazon with ALL 3 Credit Reports taking a HP which I had NEVER seen before with GE.

Anyway in June when doing my 2nd App spree I hit Amazon again and was given $900 instant and back to the usaul TU Pull only...

So yesterday I get a letter saying we are writing to let you know that the information of your denial sent was not correct and then proceeds to say if you have applied again and opened a card, GREAT! and if you have not tried again you should and these are the reasons for denial.

Which 1. if I read reasons I would think I SHOULDNT APPLY and I don't really see what's different about them, they are computer generated anyway!

to much debt, to many INQ, not enough Debt History (WHAT EVER THAT MEANS!!!)

I don't have history of carrying debt but I have to much?

and some stupid 008 score.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
dude11
Regular Contributor

Re: Amazon Letter Regarding Denial in January.... ODD!!

@Creditaddict wrote:

Okay so some of you all probably have seen my GE APP Spree in Dec/Jan. and then again in June.

I had the oddest instant denial for Amazon with ALL 3 Credit Reports taking a HP which I had NEVER seen before with GE.

Anyway in June when doing my 2nd App spree I hit Amazon again and was given $900 instant and back to the usaul TU Pull only...

So yesterday I get a letter saying we are writing to let you know that the information of your denial sent was not correct and then proceeds to say if you have applied again and opened a card, GREAT! and if you have not tried again you should and these are the reasons for denial.

Which 1. if I read reasons I would think I SHOULDNT APPLY and I don't really see what's different about them, they are computer generated anyway!

to much debt, to many INQ, not enough Debt History (WHAT EVER THAT MEANS!!!)

I don't have history of carrying debt but I have to much?

and some stupid 008 score.

What the heck??? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 008?! What was the range?! 000-020? LMAO.

Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yes a 000 to like 900 or something and that was the best.

Im like if best is 900 how do I have an 008? sounds to me like almost the worst possible.

I really don't think banks should be able to use any of these other score models, So many are already confused or given incorrect info for Fico vs. and the many choices of "other" models.

Message 3 of 6
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Have you called them?  If not I would call the backdoor number and see whats up.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

Have you called them?  If not I would call the backdoor number and see whats up.

Call them for?

Message 5 of 6
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

It's a common letter.  Some of us got them recently for denials in 2010.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.