cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Payment - Min Spending Requirement?

tag
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

Amazon Payment - Min Spending Requirement?

So my gf was approved for a Barclay Arrival (w/ AF) and we want to take full advantage of the bonus using Amazon Payments. You can send $1000 via credit card with no fees per month to a person (it's processed as a purchase, not cash advance). Now here's my question...

we want to speed up the process and earn miles a whole faster than 2000 miles per month, so can my gf add my sister as an authorized user and my sister makes an amazon acct and sends payments with her AU card? Essentially, earning 4000 miles per month. So this is how it would go....

GF send $1000 to sister. Sister sends me $1000. We pay the $2000 to the cc before statement cut. Of course the payments will be broken up into smaller, more random amounts but totaling $1000 Each Per month. 

I understand and that the AU would use the billing address of the primary, and in this case, would it look fishy to amazon? All 3 of us have different addresses.

edit: my gf said she still plans on using the card as her everyday go-to card, so miles will be racked up that way too. I know from Barclays point of view, it just looks like the card will be getting a lot of random transactions and not solely amazon.

Current 09/01/2021 EQ - 515 FAKO ; EX - 591 FICO ; TU - 598 FICO

Venmo CC $5.0K || Paypal Cashback CC $2.0K || Walmart CC $3.0K || CapOne QS1 $700 || CapOne QS $800 || Mission Lane $1.5K || Merrick $1.0K || AMEX Optima $500
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Amazon Payment - Min Spending Requirement?

It's all a little random, but people HAVE been shut down for doing A->B and B->A payments directly using Amazon Payments.  And there have been reports of shutdowns where the same card number is used on multiple accounts that have traffic between them but that is rarer.   You just need to think what would be easy for Amazon to detect if they wanted to, and try to minimize that.

If you really want to speed things up, I would diversify your techniques (using Bluebird/Serve or Visa/MC gift cards for example, if you have stores that support paying with credit card).  AP is great, but very limited in volume.

Message 2 of 4
eagle2013
Established Contributor

+1 to longtimelurker

I'll add that it is generally advised to use amazon payments as a means to pad your card spend and not for sign-up bonus. I know AMEX in particular flags accounts if the bonus spend was met by Amazon payments. Additionally, I wouldn't use a completely round number (i.e., $1000) to complete the transaction. Less-round numbers like $997.31 are preferred.

I think the $1000 no fee has been changed to $500/month no fee. Could be wrong though.

Message 3 of 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

It is $1000 a month when both sender and receiver are registered fully.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.