Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Card question

tag
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

Amazon Prime Card question

I've had this card for about 1 year and a half it originally opened at $700 and then one day in early december I got an e-mail saying I earned an credit line increase to $3,000.00

All I did was pay the small balnce I had on it the month prior. Well I decided to call and ask for a CLI a few times and I was able to get an additional $500 to total $3500 so now its been at that amount over a month now and for some reason I got an e-mail saying I earned a credit line increase to $3500 whats that about? Why would they tell me I earned a CLI to the same amount I've already had?  Is it just some odd system problem? Should I try again for a CLI over the phone or just leave it alone? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gibeon
Established Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Card question

They did the same thing to me when I got a CLI to $3,500 - got the cli, then a few weeks later I got a congratulations message. I haven't tried for another CLI yet.

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 2 of 7
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

Maybe a delayed message.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 3 of 7
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Yeah it's always delayed, it did the same thing with my amazon card, when I got my cli.

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 4 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@jonmartin wrote:

Why would they tell me I earned a CLI to the same amount I've already had?  Is it just some odd system problem? Should I try again for a CLI over the phone or just leave it alone? 

You'd have to ask them to determine why but it's no big deal.  Whether you should request a CLI or not is your call to make.  We can't tell you if you'd qualify for one or not.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They posted my CLI to my reports weeks before my email arrived.  No complaints!

Message 6 of 7
vegastim13
New Contributor

Same here, just got the email and a letter in the mail regarding my CLI from early this month! It was even dated three weeks ago.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.