Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Store Card CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Prime Store Card CLI?

Good Afternoon Friends!

I got approved for my Amazon Prime store card over 2 months ago.  The third statement will cut at the end of August.  

My credit limit is $800 and I don;t carry a blanace on it at all.  Always PIF as I use it. 

Does Synchrony do auto CLI's or do I need to request them?  I am in the market to purchase new furniture and would really like to take advantage of the 0% APR for 24 months and pay my purchase off (thinking around $2K) over 6 months or so. 

How much should I ask for? Are they known for counter offers? Anyone have experience with this?  Buehler?.......

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Prime Store Card CLI?

Amazon Store does give increases automatically and with the button on the website, but they do best with CLIs when you call.  All Sync cards do.  Ask for 10k, and they will counter offer.

Message 2 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

You want to call in and/or use the CHAT feature but calling in may be best for you.

Mine also started at $800 over (2) years ago and now sits at $10K.

It was very slow to grow and took more months than some to get a usable limit but then it took off after that!

Best of luck getting that puppy raised.

Message 3 of 11
wlgyd2013

First post here (long time lurker). Smiley Happy

I was actually looking for more information on this card before I applied and got what I needed from reading various threads so I thought I'd add my experience here.

I applied around 6:30 tonight and was instantly approved for $2.7k. 

Since I'd done my homework (via reading previous threads about this card) and knew that it was better to call Synchrony and ask for a CLI, I called after printing the disclosures. I let the rep know that I wanted to make some rennovations to my home and Amazon had everything I needed. I told her that I would like a credit limit that matches my other credit cards so I asked for $9k.

...less than 50 seconds later she told me that I was approved for exactly $9k. I know a lot of other posters said to aim high, but I really don't need much more than that.

...so to recap, I applied at 6:30 pm and was approved for $2.7k and 15 minutes later that was increased to $9k. Smiley Happy

Good luck!

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aren't people afraid to contact Sychrony because they're afraid they may send them a form to prove income which will be shared with an outside source?

My Amazon Prime store card started much lower than yours, I believe at $450 and in less than 12 months, it has been raise to $5,000. Amazing, since I'm a student with a very limited income.

Message 5 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ignorance is bliss my friend, ignorance is bliss. Smiley Happy

Congrats wigy that was a great sl and fantastic job getting it raised!!

Im sure most people coming to the forum new may not have chance to read up on Synchrony but for those of us in know, its just a little more prudence when asking for clis. Its not like you have to not ask for any more clis but from the data we see just to keep an eye on your own profile and see if its really needed at this time. I think im losing my train of thoughtSmiley Wink still watching these great OlympicsSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 11
AzaleaB
Established Contributor

I got my Amazon store card when I was rebuilding and my limit was just 400 😑. I got CLIs both auto and by calling in - never tried the chat. I put very little spend on it until it went to the Prime 5% card but they still gave me CLIs.

Starting Score: EX:570, 8/2011
Current
Scores(8/30/18):
EX08:850; EQ08:850,
TU08:847
Inqs(12 mo): EX/0, EQ/0, TU/0
Goal Scores: 800+
My Cards: BoA Rewards: 30K, Discover IT: 50K, Arrival : 13.3K, CDP: 30.1K, Amex PRG, Amex ED: 22.5K, Amex BCP: 20K, FU: 21K, CSR: 35K, Amazon Store: 20K, Macys:10K, Diners Club:40K
Message 7 of 11
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

AA is greatly overrated. Do not continually seek new credit, apply for cards you will use (Amazon Prime is useful for prime members who always PIF, or use the 0% only), and do not get a BUNCH of Synch cards. I have had no problem with recent call in to credit solutions to raise limit. So there. Smiley Tongue IMHO.
Signature needs updating
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tempted to CLI on current $5,000 Amazon store limit but changed mind. There is no reason for the increase. Future lenders may decline my application because I have too much credit. My credit limit is already twice my annual income. I'm a student with a very low income. I may have to reduce my J. Crew limit which is ridiculously at $4,500. I'll never spend around that amount.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started at $2.5k last Aug.  I received a $1k auto cli on my 3rd statement.  I asked for a cli after 6 months and went to $7.5k.  I have had no other increases.  I only have 2 synch accounts so I am not worried about AA.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.