cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Store Card switching to points instead of cashback!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Prime Store Card switching to points instead of cashback!

i paid my amazon payment today and mine still says 5% cashback and i STILL have never gotten an email or a letter.. will be interesting to see what 11/1 brings!

Message 61 of 68
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

I think I'm gonna sock drawer my amazon card till end of the year and use my discover card till I figure out what is the best way to shop at amazon.

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 62 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received this email in early October as well, and started following this thread shortly after, as it seemed very few people were talking about this change. I've now been given the option of changing over to the new points system, or staying with the statement credit system as before. If I wanted my account to receieve rewards as it always has before this change, am I right that I would select the option on the left in this screenshot?

http://prntscr.com/h7vvqh

Thank you.

Message 63 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not showing up on mine but my last statement cut November 3rd, when did your last statement cut?

Message 64 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

i STILL have never received an email and i just ordered something today and it still shows 5%....

Message 65 of 68
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I never got the email, but did eventually receive a letter from Synchrony.  The letter explicitly stated that members who had had the card since prior to [can't remember the date but I've had mine for 5 1/2 years and it was a fairly recent date] would be able to log into their account and opt-in to continue in the previous 5% statement credit program.  When I log into my account and click Rewards & Offers, then Rewards, I get the same screen as the screenshot above.  Clicking on the fine print:

NjqtGfI

So it looks like your 5% back becomes a rewards balance.  If you're enrolled in automatic redemption, any of the 5% back that was unused gets credited on the following statement.  That's not at all how this worked before as there's a 1-statement delay in getting the 5% back now.  Am I missing anything?

Message 66 of 68
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

...Am I missing anything?

No sir,  I read it the same way. Seems to me they just kicked the 5% can down the road a month.

What do you bet they'll eventually mimic Costco and graciously hold our cashback rewards for an entire year? Smiley Sad 

Message 67 of 68
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Moneyklutz wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

...Am I missing anything?

No sir,  I read it the same way. Seems to me they just kicked the 5% can down the road a month.

What do you bet they'll eventually mimic Costco and graciously hold our cashback rewards for an entire year? Smiley Sad

If that were to happen, I'd likely start to use my Amazon card like I use my Lowe's card - only for large purchases that I plan to stretch out at 0% for 6-24 months. (I get a 10% veteran discount at Lowe's which doesn't stack with the 5% off on their card, but stacks with 5% cash back cards or other rewards cards.) Assuming they don't go that route, it appears as though I may just use the rewards as I go since I order usually a few times in a given week.

Message 68 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.