Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Store Card

tag
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Amazon Prime Store Card

Hello, all!

I am trying to stay in the garden by just trying to get SP CLI's, to no avail.

I have had my Amazon Store Card now for two years.

The SL was $800 and hadn't moved from that.

I have never been late or missed a payment.

I have requested one with the luv button twice and both gave me the 7-10 day letter denial.

The reason is always 'too new of negatives on report' or something like that.

I have not had a baddie hit any of my reports since early 2014, which has since been removed. There is still one from 2013 on there, and the open date says 2016, which is what I am assuming they are going by when denying my increases.

I heard more people have luck going on chat or calling Credit Solutions.

So I hopped on chat and the told the agent my issues and he told me he would be glad to help.

He started off with this:

12:57:19 PM : AgentAdepu Simon: Your request for a credit line increase will result in an inquiry on your credit bureau. However, some requests are determined using internal factors and may not result in an inquiry. It is difficult to determine, if the request results in a hard or a soft inquiry.

12:57:19 PM : AgentAdepu Simon: Would you still like me to check for the credit line increase on your account today?

I told him no because I didn't want a HP when I haven't the confidence in Synch with me and it's CLI.

I always read here that it's usually a SP.

Why does it seem ok the only one here who gets HP's for Synch and Comenity? lol

Kind of frustrated.

I only asked for $2k, but of course he wasn't able to try since I refused a possibly HP.

Anyone have any suggestions for me or is it like Chase and Cap1 where I'm just an unlucky one stuck in low tier hell no matter how good I've treated the account?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Store Card

You might try calling Credit Solutions, many members have had better luck using the phone than using chat. Personally I've been stuck at the same limit for well over 2 years, but my CL is high enough that I have not made the call (I also have the Chase version). IMO the very best thing about the Amazon "store" card (Sync version) is the entended 0% terms for major purchases - you might mention you can't really take advantage of a "major purchase" with such a low limit. 

Message 2 of 8
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

@pipeguy

Thanks!

I'll give them a call and will just allow them to pull whatever.

If denied again, I will just forget about the card.
Message 3 of 8
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Don't be timid about moving your CL upwards with Synch!!!!

I can't think of anyone ever getting a HP other than when they opened a card.  Of course there's that oddball Care Credit that seems to be hit or miss but, 99.99% of their other cards they service are always SP.  

By law they have to disclose that the request could result in a HP.  Macy's does this disclosure too but, same deal with the SP.

Just give them a call instead of chatting and go for the moon. 

877-379-8173

If your top limit is 5K ask for 10K.  If you want to just go for 25K and let them counter back for their max which is what most of us have done in the past then roll the dice and make sure you're collecting every dollar off the table.

Message 4 of 8
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

OMG!

Will post the outcome of my call to Credit Solutions in a bit Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 8
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

@austinguy907

I just saw your post!

Thank you.

Check the Approval section in a bit Smiley Happy

Nothing grand but I'm happy with it for now Smiley Very Happy
Message 6 of 8
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Hope you got at least 2-3X out of them with a phone call.  If your TU is over 700 then it's almost guaranteed to get over 10K.

Message 7 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

This thread is locked and closed to new messages.

Don't worry, though... the party continues here:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Amazon-Prime-Store-Card-CLI/m-p/4987047

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.