Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Visa Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Prime Visa Card

Please keep the discussion of the card on the card's actual benefits and not whether it is metal or not.  Otherwise thread will be moved to Smorgasbord.  Thank you for your cooperation.

Message 11 of 85
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

I've been tempted to get this card since I am also on Prime and we do a lot of shopping on Amazon.  For now, though, I can get 5% cash back on Amazon gift cards from the drug store.

I do want to pay directly with a card for bigger ticket items so I can get the purchase protection/warranty perks.  What are the perks like on the Amazon Prime card?

EDIT: I just looked this up.  Purchase protection and extended warranty are the same as on Freedom which is decent.  However, the page didn't mention anything about return protection or price protection, which I thought was interesting.  Returns have always been pretty hassle free with Amazon, but I don't think they price match after the sale.  The prime card also stuffs in a bunch of travel benefits and no FTF which is nice, although I still don't really think of this as a travel card.

Message 12 of 85
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Also no FTF

Message 13 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very Nice!!

Message 14 of 85
digitek
Established Contributor

The Amazon Prime Card Visa from Chase does not offer Price Protection, but it does offer Purchase Protection.

Price Protection is when you buy something then find it for cheaper somewhere else and the card company will reimburse you the difference.  Usually limited to 4 claims a year and $250 per claim or something.

Purchase Protection is if the item is lost, stolen, and/or damaged.  Same deal where it is limited to a certain number of claims per year and $ amount.

I only mention this because I found out recently that it didn't offer Price Protection.  I bought something off Amazon with the card, found it 3 days later for $50 less, and went to do the claim thing only to find it didn't offer it.  It might just be me, but that kind of miffed me because Amazon is the one place where I would use that benefit the most, and it is offered on so many other cards, like it was intentionally left off this one.

I've had Prime for a few months now and am not sure I like it, honestly makes it almost too easy for me to buy stuff from Amazon.  I need as much resistance as possible =D

Message 15 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

For those who might be interested:

I just spoke to Chase and once you pay for A Prime Membership with an Amazon Rewards Card (whether it be the Primary Account holder's membership or the AU's) then the card will be upgraded.

Now to just wait for the payment to hit and the new card to come in.

Message 16 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Ringwraith, congrats and enjoy your new card/membership! 🙂 I joined Prime on the 14th and, like I said, got the new card yesterday, so you should have it in no time. I had been thinking of joining for a while, and the day I finally did there was an offer to get it for half price. Couldn't resist! I don't go wild on Amazon, but end up using them enough after comparing prices that it will be beneficial. And it means I'm back in with Chase and can re-establish a positive history with them.

Message 17 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the new card! I got mine back in February. It is definitely a nice card but unfortunately, mine didn't come with much of a credit line. But is great to use for buying on Amazon. I typically apply the money back to a new purchase of something. 

Message 18 of 85
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@digitek wrote:

The Amazon Prime Card Visa from Chase does not offer Price Protection, but it does offer Purchase Protection.

Price Protection is when you buy something then find it for cheaper somewhere else and the card company will reimburse you the difference.  Usually limited to 4 claims a year and $250 per claim or something.

Purchase Protection is if the item is lost, stolen, and/or damaged.  Same deal where it is limited to a certain number of claims per year and $ amount.

I only mention this because I found out recently that it didn't offer Price Protection.  I bought something off Amazon with the card, found it 3 days later for $50 less, and went to do the claim thing only to find it didn't offer it.  It might just be me, but that kind of miffed me because Amazon is the one place where I would use that benefit the most, and it is offered on so many other cards, like it was intentionally left off this one.

I've had Prime for a few months now and am not sure I like it, honestly makes it almost too easy for me to buy stuff from Amazon.  I need as much resistance as possible =D

Regarding price protection, that's exactly what I was thinking.  It makes sense that they might leave off those benefits since this is a merchant branded card and those benefits would be used against the merchant.  Honestly, especially for big stuff like appliances and electronics, I think I'd rather just get the 2% cash back with my Citi DC and have price rewind.

I will say, though, that Prime is totally worth it for me.  We buy a lot from Amazon and it pays for itself just in shipping costs, plus we get free streaming content as well.  5% cash back is one of those Prime perks that I know I'm paying for and not getting, which is annoying, but the missing protection perks on that card kinda turns me off.

Message 19 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

More often than not it seems Amazon does have the best price, so I'm not sure that the Price Protection feature if it were part of the card benefits would be all too useful.  I'm sure there are exceptions, but they would be exactly that, exceptions - not the rule.

Message 20 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.