Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Visa Card

tag
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Visa Card

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm an AU on my dads Chase Amazon rewards account. I have a Prime membership but he doesn't. If I were to share my membership with him, would that allow us to upgrade to the cool metal Prime rewards card?

Pretty sure that the primary account holder has to be prime.

And not to be too much of a realist, I mean downer, but the excitement of a metal card, in healthy individuals, should wear off in a maximum of 2 hours, it's really not that special!

Since she has a prime account,  she can add one person to her prime account. That person then can apply for their amazon Prime card.  I did that with my daughter. I have my own Chase amazon account and she has her own account. So I guess if she shares her prime membership to him, his card would become a prime rewards card.

Message 21 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just joined Amazon Prime last week, and my Rewards info changed right away on my Amazon and Chase account. Wasn't sure if they would send me the super duper metal card, and I wasn't too concerned because I really love the orange card they sent me back in February when I got approved. But, just today, received an envelope in the mail with the new Prime Visa card in metal! Very fast to send it out, and it is my first metal card. Very heavy, and pretty cool! And 5% back at Amazon is going to be awesome! Smiley Happy

Bella, prime is seriously the best. The amount of stuff I order from there is insane, and i love that they have lower cost subscription diapers and such. The 5% is great too and a payment option is using your points which I love. I honestly haven't used the card for anything else but prime (it sits in a drawer), but the card itself is pretty cool too!

Message 22 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just joined Amazon Prime last week, and my Rewards info changed right away on my Amazon and Chase account. Wasn't sure if they would send me the super duper metal card, and I wasn't too concerned because I really love the orange card they sent me back in February when I got approved. But, just today, received an envelope in the mail with the new Prime Visa card in metal! Very fast to send it out, and it is my first metal card. Very heavy, and pretty cool! And 5% back at Amazon is going to be awesome! Smiley Happy

Bella, prime is seriously the best. The amount of stuff I order from there is insane, and i love that they have lower cost subscription diapers and such. The 5% is great too and a payment option is using your points which I love. I honestly haven't used the card for anything else but prime (it sits in a drawer), but the card itself is pretty cool too!

Thanks, smc! I buy stuff like water and air purifier filters from Amazon, and any recreational stuff like fishing gear that we decide to buy, of course granted it's the best deal. With free 2-day shipping, I can definitely see buying more of the necessities through them too. Low prices and 5% back seriously can't be beat! Like you, I can foresee not even carrying the card, although I do like the 2% at drugstores and gas stations. It beats my other cards out for these two categories, save of course Discover having one as their quarterly category. I know I will get use out of Prime for sure! Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

What else do you all buy from Amazon that may not be your typical items that people think of? 

One for me is cat food.  15 pound bags from Amazon are about $3-$4 cheaper than the local Petco and I don't have to make a trip and lug a bag home.

I think it's cool to hear what others get from Amazon as it extends money-saving ideas that may not normally be thought of.

Message 24 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the metal! I love mine! I use Prime like a mad man so this card is awesome! Amazon junkie here!!!! 

Message 25 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What else do you all buy from Amazon that may not be your typical items that people think of? 

One for me is cat food.  15 pound bags from Amazon are about $3-$4 cheaper than the local Petco and I don't have to make a trip and lug a bag home.

I think it's cool to hear what others get from Amazon as it extends money-saving ideas that may not normally be thought of.

I buy a lot of stuff for my cat (just got the Furminator for $24 compared to the $35 it is at PetSmart), I also use Amazon Fresh at times, lots of stuff for my kid (diapers, wipes, toys, all significantly less than in the stores), cell phone cases, gel nail polish stuff so I don't go somewhere to get them done, etc. 

Message 26 of 85
PDXoriginal
Regular Contributor

I'm not sure what to make of this, I got the apply for the Prime card and get a $70 Amazon gift card. So I applied.... got the further processing needed message. I called the status line and it said I should expect a response in 7-10 days. My real fico is between 795-805 and I currently have 4 cards, Citi TYP, Chase Sapphire, Amex ED, and Amed PRG. I pay everything in full and my current overall utilization is 3% Not sure what to expect at this point.

Message 27 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm considering pulling the trigger on this one.

Can anyone confirm that they do actual cash back (via direct deposit)? I mean, not just statement credit. I'm generally happy with the Prime Store Card, but having a real cash back option would likely be enough for me to make the switch.

Yes, with the Chase card you can get cash back direct deposited into a bank account.

Thanks. Went ahead and did it. I thought about waiting another couple of months, but what the heck.

Also, I had no idea you could manage the card from the same page/inteface as other Chase cards. Not sure what I expected, but that's a nice surprise.

Message 28 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PDXoriginal wrote:

I'm not sure what to make of this, I got the apply for the Prime card and get a $70 Amazon gift card. So I applied.... got the further processing needed message. I called the status line and it said I should expect a response in 7-10 days. My real fico is between 795-805 and I currently have 4 cards, Citi TYP, Chase Sapphire, Amex ED, and Amed PRG. I pay everything in full and my current overall utilization is 3% Not sure what to expect at this point.

I'd call several of the back door numbers if I were you and put some pressure on them.  There's absolutely no reason you shouldn't be approved here.  The Amazon card isn't even subject to 5/24, so number of new accounts shouldn't really matter (within reason) and you're fine there anyway.

Message 29 of 85
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@PDXoriginal wrote:

Could be verification.. I would be calling the reconsideration # to find out what is going on with your scores and your cards and utilization a denial makes no sense.  The # can be found in the CC application sub-forum on this forum under sticky under chase credit analyst/uw or seomthing along those lines iin a sticky..  Don't call the normal CSR's.

Message 30 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.