Amazon Prime Visa Card

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Visa Card

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CBJ,

If I were you, I'd just app for another Chase card like the CSP or CSR that you'll get a high SL on, then move some of that limit to your Amazon. 

Or, and this isn't the MyFico way, you could just $9K is more than enough for this card......

Unless, you use it for the other categories, AND as an everyday card.  1k in spending, PIF next month, keep util in check, warrants a 10k plus card IMHO.  Disclaimer, Amazon employee at corporate office, we use Amaxon heavily, including prime now and restaurant delivery (cactus SLU is the bomb).  I can easily get 25 to 40 per month on this card alone.

Signature needs updating
Message 81 of 85
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@Cashbackjunky wrote:
@Anonymous, I'll let MrDisco confirm, but I IMAGINE he has the Chase Freedom card, which is getting 5% cash back at drug stores right now.

Cheers!

Confirmed.

Obviously this doesn't get me the protection perks I was fussing about, but it's good for small purchases and disposables.

Message 82 of 85
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CBJ,

If I were you, I'd just app for another Chase card like the CSP or CSR that you'll get a high SL on, then move some of that limit to your Amazon. 

Or, and this isn't the MyFico way, you could just $9K is more than enough for this card......

Unless, you use it for the other categories, AND as an everyday card.  1k in spending, PIF next month, keep util in check, warrants a 10k plus card IMHO.  Disclaimer, Amazon employee at corporate office, we use Amaxon heavily, including prime now and restaurant delivery (cactus SLU is the bomb).  I can easily get 25 to 40 per month on this card alone.

Right but that analysis works only if you buy in to the "keep util in check" stuff which I don't!  I still think in most cases here it is a semi-rationalized excuse for wanting a big CL (as others here have big CLs)   Not really a necessity!

Which isn't to say I don't have cards with big CLs that I don't need, just do what I say not what I do!

Message 83 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

The fact of the matter is that if you're a Transactor, that is, you PIF every month and never buy anything that you don't have money to pay for at that moment, the highest credit limit that you'll ever need on any card is exactly the amount of the highest purchase that you'd ever make on that card.  Even if you took the card from 0 to 100% utilization, who cares as you're going to PIF anyway.  For purchases smaller than the maximum that you'd ever make, you just use the card the exact way you would a debit card only with the added step of paying it off every time you use it. 

Unless someone with a $20k limit card is making $15-$20k single purchases, or someone with a $35k card is making $30-$35k single purchases, they don't NEED that credit limit.  Having higher limits though sure make things easier, as well as being more mentally pleasing and satisfying as there's no anxiety of being near your limit at any given time.

Message 84 of 85
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

@Longtimelurker, it sounds like you're applying YOUR beliefs and spending habits to other people's situations and ASSuming they align.

The fact of the matter is, you still think I'm chasing a higher limit on my Amazon card just so I can pound on my chest and say, "mine is bigger than yours!"... That's not the case, it is a tactical and premeditated approach for ensuring I'll have the CL I need to make a big purchase.

Cheers!
AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

TCL: $571.05k CCs:23 AAoA: 6yr 1mo Util: ~1% Derog: 0

Mortgage: $215.1k Sonata Lease: $1.3k Palisade: $23.8k
Message 85 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.