Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Rewards Visa earns 5% back at Whole Foods

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Amazon 5% at Whole Foods, 3% for non-Prime customers

Please remember that Amex BCP is 6% at Whole Foods up to first $6000, which at Whole Foods means less than two grocery carts of vegan organic cheeze with no added BPA!

Message 11 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Prime Rewards Visa will now earn 5% back at a Whole Foods.

This is exciting news!
Message 12 of 54
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymouswrote:

Please remember that Amex BCP is 6% at Whole Foods up to first $6000, which at Whole Foods means less than two grocery carts of vegan organic cheeze with no added BPA!

I prefer to keep it simple and you never get the full 6% back IMO on the BCP due to the redemption thresholds and not to mention the AF of the card, obviously it depends how much grocery shopping ones does to dictate whether the BCP is worth the AF.. Where-as the Amazon Prime Visa if you use 2 day shipping, movies, shop at amazon alot is a heck of a deal at least for me considering I spend over 10k a year on amazon and now they will get more out of my as well from whole foods...  Amazon has its stores now, just a matter or time until they acquire or open a bank as they are already working on their own shipping company not to long in the future as they spend over 20 billion in shipping alone last year... Kinda scary Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquatwrote:

It'd be nice if they extend this over to the Sync banked Amazon card...finally give use to the card they mail you for a online only merchant.  

Seeing as the Sync card is neither Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or AMEX, I don't ever see it happeneing. 

Message 14 of 54
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymouswrote:

@Loquatwrote:

It'd be nice if they extend this over to the Sync banked Amazon card...finally give use to the card they mail you for a online only merchant.  

Seeing as the Sync card is neither Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or AMEX, I don't ever see it happeneing. 

Why is that?  there are store cards and GC's taken at various stores probably including whole foods already.   So they certainly can handle it and Sync Amazon cards are coming in plastic if I am not mistaken already due to brick and mortar amazon stores and probably for the fact partially of forseeing this merger happening as well.  Can easily be done.

Message 15 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriositywrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@Loquatwrote:

Why is that?  there are store cards and GC's taken at various stores probably including whole foods already.   So they certainly can handle it and Sync Amazon cards are coming in plastic if I am not mistaken already due to brick and mortar amazon stores and probably for the fact partially of forseeing this merger happening as well.  Can easily be done.

They are coming in plastic. 

I just don't see it happening. The profit margins through  whole foods aren't as high as through Amazon purchases itself (like when someone buy's a PS4 on Amazon.com). Amazon would need to give up 5% of their profits every time the card is used. With the Chase card, Chase pays the rewards.  I picture this card being a 5% discount at the register instead of the traditional rewards method. 

Message 16 of 54
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymouswrote:

@CreditCuriositywrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@Loquatwrote:

I just don't see it happening. The profit margins through  whole foods aren't as high as through Amazon purchases itself (like when someone buy's a PS4 on Amazon.com). Amazon would need to give up 5% of their profits every time the card is used. With the Chase card, Chase pays the rewards.  I picture this card being a 5% discount at the register instead of the traditional rewards method. 

I highly doubt chase pays the 5% CB all by themselves.. Without seeing the agreement that is a big stretch.  I would tend to believe Chase/Sync do not eat most of that 5%, but instead Amazon does.  Without seeing the exact details of either contract it is pure speculation.  Each bank whether Sync/Chsae they are hoping to make interest off the charges as with Sync you either get 5% back or 0% financing and with Chase you get 5% back.  Just my 2 cents on that.

Message 17 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriositywrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@CreditCuriositywrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@Loquatwrote:

I highly doubt chase pays the 5% CB all by themselves.. Without seeing the agreement that is a big stretch.  I would tend to believe Chase/Sync do not eat most of that 5%, but instead Amazon does.  Without seeing the exact details of either contract it is pure speculation.  Each bank whether Sync/Chsae they are hoping to make interest off the charges as with Sync you either get 5% back or 0% financing and with Chase you get 5% back.  Just my 2 cents on that.

Even more of a reason to not give 5% cash back at a low profit margin business like a grocery store. 

Message 18 of 54
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Bostonwrote:

Must. Not. App.

Someone please lie to me and tell me the Chase Amazon card is subject to 5/24.

It’s not, I got mine in September over 5/24. FWIW, I don’t regret applying. 😇😇😇😇😇😇

Message 19 of 54
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriositywrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

I prefer to keep it simple and you never get the full 6% back IMO on the BCP due to the redemption thresholds and not to mention the AF of the card, obviously it depends how much grocery shopping ones does to dictate whether the BCP is worth the AF.. Where-as the Amazon Prime Visa if you use 2 day shipping, movies, shop at amazon alot is a heck of a deal at least for me considering I spend over 10k a year on amazon and now they will get more out of my as well from whole foods...  Amazon has its stores now, just a matter or time until they acquire or open a bank as they are already working on their own shipping company not to long in the future as they spend over 20 billion in shipping alone last year... Kinda scary Smiley Happy SCARY AWESOME! 😍😍

Message 20 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.