Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Rewards Visa earns 5% back at Whole Foods

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Rewards Visa earns 5% back at Whole Foods

I don't have one near by. From what I heard the name was "whole paycheck"  My DD and her husband eat dinner there several times a week. I will tell her as this will help her. DW and I spend out money at the walmart neighborhood Market and use BCP. 

Message 51 of 54
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

Just got my notice in email. I currently have the Amex BCP with the $95 annual fee. With Amazon now kicking in 5%, it makes sense for my to PC Amex BCP down to BCE and avoid the annual fee. Just added my wife to the AMazon Prime card as an authorized user. It is not our go to card for Whole Foods. We have a Whole Foods budget of $700/month. And we shop on Amazon way more than we should. So, this should be a win/win. 

FYI, I went to the Amex site to start the downgrade process and a window popped up saying I was pre-approved for an Amex Platinum. lol  I once had the Platinum just before they got dropped from Costco and cut the Amex benefits. I downgraded to the green card and then cut that loose as well. Now they are trying to pull me back in. lol  But I don't think I qualify for the signup bonus because people say Amex is a one in a lifetime signup bonus card. 

At any rate, I'm looking very hard at the Chase Ritz Carlton instead of Amex Platinum. Amex still hasn't had the right benefits mix for me yet to come back; metal card or otherwise. 

Message 52 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I rarely shop on Amazon and I already get 3% back from Amex so obviously this would not benefit me.  I've cut way down on my shopping at Whole Foods anyway... many of the same exact products can be found in regular grocery stores and Targt now much cheaper. Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar was on sale last week for $6.99.  I can get the same sized bottle in Walmart for $4.99.... lol

Whole Foods Whole Body also has this thing going on where you pay $20(?) a year to always save 20% in that department but if you shop somewhere like Vitacost or Vitamin Shoppe then you can find anything in that department also cheaper elsewhere. If you're into saving money rather than just earning it back in rewards..there are just better ways. But it's great for those of you who actually shop at Amazon.

Message 53 of 54
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Well, I rarely shop on Amazon and I already get 3% back from Amex so obviously this would not benefit me.  I've cut way down on my shopping at Whole Foods anyway... many of the same exact products can be found in regular grocery stores and Targt now much cheaper. Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar was on sale last week for $6.99.  I can get the same sized bottle in Walmart for $4.99.... lol

Whole Foods Whole Body also has this thing going on where you pay $20(?) a year to always save 20% in that department but if you shop somewhere like Vitacost or Vitamin Shoppe then you can find anything in that department also cheaper elsewhere. If you're into saving money rather than just earning it back in rewards..there are just better ways. But it's great for those of you who actually shop at Amazon.

I get it. But there is the convenience factor. Also, I'm a Prime Video, Music, Photos, etc. customer. So, I'm all in anyway. If I'm paying for Prime, I might as well get the 5% with the card. Also, if I'm spending $700 a Whole Foods alone, that's even more cash back. 

I get the Whole Paycheck thing. But one can argue that the food at Whole Foods just tastes better. And I've shopped at Wegman's and a few other grocers. Also, it is convenient for people with food allergies and restricted diets. I don't have to search around online and pay delivery charges etc. At least for the non-perishables. Also, we have two other local chain organic food stores in our neighborhood. And believe me, they are more expensive than Whole Foods. That Bragg's Apple Cider would cost $7.99 at the other smaller organic food stores. Amazon cut prices on a few things in Whole Foods wayyyyyyyy down. Especially on essential items. 

Lastly, it's just refreshing to walk into a store and not have to search for the Organic Section or their gluten-free products. Whole Foods also has the widest variety of these foods whereas Target and Walmart are hit or miss. 

Message 54 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.