cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Statement cut with $0 Balance

Established Member

Amazon Statement cut with $0 Balance

I was very surprised this morning to receive an amazon Statement because my balance is $0....

 

Could this be something new from GE? I have 4 GE accounts and its the fist time i receive a statement when my balance is at $0

Starting total revolving credit: $300 (5/2011) Current total revolving credit: $61,600
4 Collections, 1 Repo, 1 Eviction INQUIRIES: Equifax 22, Transunion 5, Experian 15
Wal-Mart Fico 650 1/10/14
In the Garden - Score Goal 760 across
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

Re: Amazon Statement cut with $0 Balance

Some GECRB cards generate a statement if your balance conditions are zero, others do not.

Message 2 of 8
Super Contributor

Re: Amazon Statement cut with $0 Balance

Also, was there some "important" message on the statement, sometimes they will send a statement because of these.   I just got a paper statement from US Bank, usually I get e-statements, but this had a message that they thought I needed in hard copy!

Message 3 of 8
Established Member

Re: Amazon Statement cut with $0 Balance


longtimelurker wrote:

Also, was there some "important" message on the statement, sometimes they will send a statement because of these.   I just got a paper statement from US Bank, usually I get e-statements, but this had a message that they thought I needed in hard copy!


just checked the statement, nothing that stands out. looks like every other one i received.

Starting total revolving credit: $300 (5/2011) Current total revolving credit: $61,600
4 Collections, 1 Repo, 1 Eviction INQUIRIES: Equifax 22, Transunion 5, Experian 15
Wal-Mart Fico 650 1/10/14
In the Garden - Score Goal 760 across
Message 4 of 8
Established Contributor

Re: Amazon Statement cut with $0 Balance

I get 0 balance statements from all my GE's every month. It's because I buy something mid month and pay it off as soon as it posts.....did you maybe do that?
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 5 of 8
Moderator

Re: Amazon Statement cut with $0 Balance


snowkitty wrote:
I get 0 balance statements from all my GE's every month. It's because I buy something mid month and pay it off as soon as it posts.....did you maybe do that?

+1 to that question.  They would have to generate a statement if there was activity, even with a zero balance



Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 791 (TU08, 10/26/17)
Sam's Club MC $25000 | Marvel MC $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 | AMEX BCE $20400 | Discover IT $20000 | Macy's Store $20000 | Cap 1 QS WMC $17250 | BoA BBR #1 $17200 | JCP $15000 | Citi DC $12600 | Freedom VS $12000 | BofA BBR #2 $11800 | Disney VS $11500 | Care Credit MC $11200 | Cash+ VS $10500 | CashForward WMC $10000 | Barclay Rewards WMC $10000 | WCU Visa $10000 | Amazon Store $8000 | Blispay $7500 | Sony Card $4250 | Target MC $4000 | Costco Anywhere $3200 | ~~Gardening Since 11/2/17
Message 6 of 8
Senior Contributor

Re: Amazon Statement cut with $0 Balance


SunriseEarth wrote:

snowkitty wrote:
I get 0 balance statements from all my GE's every month. It's because I buy something mid month and pay it off as soon as it posts.....did you maybe do that?

+1 to that question.  They would have to generate a statement if there was activity, even with a zero balance


Not necessarily - depends on the issuer.  I have several GECRB CCs and not all generate a statement during a cycle where activity occured and netted a zero balance before the satement cycled.  IME, one that comes to mind is JCPenney with notable exceptions whenever the account has a credit balance and/or any promotional rewards are issued.

Message 7 of 8
Senior Contributor

Re: Amazon Statement cut with $0 Balance

Hmm. 

 

I've noticed that if I carry a balance for x months, then PIF, I will get ONE statement with a zero balance, then no more statements until I use the card again.

 

Maybe it is different with different GE backed cards?



Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...

10/01/17 Fico8 scores: EX 660, EQ 647, TU 663
Message 8 of 8