cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Store Card CLI Hard or Soft Pull?

tag
adamkingadam
Regular Contributor

Amazon Store Card CLI Hard or Soft Pull?

Does anyone know if requesting a CLI thourgh the synchrony/amazon site will result in a hard or soft pull? I live chatted with an agent and he said he could not say either way if it would be a hard or soft, that only the CRA would know?

Starting Scores: 1/1/2016
EX 600 EQ 598 TU 610
Current Fico Scores (9/2016):EX: 674 EQ: 678 TU: 689
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Store Card CLI Hard or Soft Pull?

In the past it has always been a soft pull for me. However, Synchrony is doing more hard pulls for CLI's lately so who knows?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It really is ymmv with Synchrony. Most of us have gotten soft pulls online or through credit solutions. But, there have been some sporadic posts of hard pulls. But, not many. I just got a cli from chat a couple of days ago. It was a soft pull for me.

But, as someone mention here before: Always expect hard pulls, and be happy when it's not. 😊
Message 3 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah could go either way as i am living proof that a cli via chat with Amazon may result in a hp, it did, got one stuck to my EX , not TU. so always remember there is a possiblity of a hp when seeking credit limit increases. I am now super conscious of requesting clis with SyncSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow dropped some knowledge on me today
Message 5 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I've been also hearing they've done more HP lately.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 7
lsutigers
Contributor

They've never asked the amount you would like credit line increased to until recently. Thats kind of scary.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.