Amazon Store Card CLI?

tag
BusyREBuilder
Established Member

Re: Amazon Store Card CLI?

Opened at $900 1/2015

Auto CLI to $1100 4/2015

Chat Increase (SP) to $4000 5/2015

I use mine monthly at least as well. Had a $68.00 balance when increased to 4k.

NavyFedSigVisa $8k/NavyFedRewardsMC $2k/Cap1QS $3.3k/Cap1MC $1.5k/Jared $3.9k/Amazon $4k/Lowes $5k/Walmart $4k/VS $1.5k/Buckle $1.2k/Express $1.2k/WW $1.2k/Overstock $850/JCrew $850/AnnT $500
Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just went online and did an app and got approved for $900. should i call credit solutions now and ask for more or wait the 4 months + 1 day?
Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would recommend calling immediately to request a higher number.
With Soft Pulls, there's no harm on requesting more.

For those that are getting denials: the letter may not state the actual reason of denial.

I've been pushing the luv button every month for for 5 months ever since I opened the card, and it kept telling me "not enough experience at current credit limit."

I called today since it was getting ridiculous.
Started out with a 2.4k CL, auto increase 4 months into opening to 3.4k CL.

I have cards up to 27k CL. Turns out the actual reason was because I had my credit reports frozen.

I provided them with an access code, and got approved for the 10K CL I requested.

I'll be calling again in 6 months to request 25k (others have said it's 4 months + 1 day for Synchrony, but I usually stick to the 6 month cycle Smiley Tongue)

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

The amazon store card is just one that doesn't need a very high limit though. Kind of a waste
Message 14 of 26
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I got mine with a SL of $500 called CS before I got the card and got a 7000 bump Smiley Happy!
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely true, but on a different side of the same coin, it can be used to your advantage.

Having a higher credit limit will always help, not hurt, your credit score. The only exception to which might be if you are interested in another product from the same issuer, and you've already reached the max aggregate credit limit offered by the institution - Chase is known to do this, where you have to decrease one card's limit if you want to increase another.

So the goal would be to maximize the credit offered to you by each institution, while distributing it per your needs across the cards that the issuer offers.

In my case, I do not do business with Synchrony apart from the Amazon Prime store card, and do not have any interest in their other products - which seems mostly to be store cards.

For that reason, I'm going to try to get the highest credit limit I can from Synchrony with this one card.

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow..! Well played! I should've done that...

Have you requested an increase since then? They only seem to do SPs!

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your overall exposure isn't only for that issuer but other creditors too. While computer decisions don't typically care as much, if it's manually underwritten then that can play a role in your approval limit or even being approved at all. Especially with a lot of credit unions as they're pretty conservative
Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Valid point, although I do wonder how many times one is told that their overall aggregate credit limit is too high.
Is it not a double edged sword? "Others have trusted you" vs "You have enough trust." One way or another, they're competing for your business in which case they would want to incentivise as much as they can.

Although I never had experience with credit unions, so that's really good to know.

I'm going to reconsider seeking an even higher credit limit with Amazon.. Thank you!

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got mine in November sl 1300, called CS right away and got 6000, tried every month after that, and was told account didn't qualify. Finally in April called CS and got 15,000. Definitely don't need anymore cli on this account.
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.