Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Store Card: Closed on accident

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Store Card: Closed on accident

@FinStar wrote:

A lesson to be learned for anyone who may multitask and not pay attention while navigating through the automated prompts.

I doubt this is called multitasking anymore since he failed at it. Next time concentrate on stuff that matters, like your financial health. 

Message 11 of 24
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

Sorry to hear that OP. This is why I only hit the 0 button on automated calls, or just keep repeating "Operator"

NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JediNeo wrote:

Sorry to hear that OP. This is why I only hit the 0 button on automated calls, or just keep repeating "Operator"

I google the direct number, stateside preferably.

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suggest you to call 866-834-3206 (extention 2 ) and ask for invstigation about your account , once my walmart account was closed and they could open it ! hope it'll work for u !

Message 14 of 24
taxi818
Super Contributor

Brutal guys. take it ez. op already suffering enough. it is a lesson. not only for op. but for all of us so  called. multi taskers. Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 24
ludawg23
Established Member

Anyway - it was more of a vent/warning post and see if anyone had any experience with this.

It's certainly not hit to my financial health but I really loved the card and made purchases on amazon often.

Thanks guys!

Message 16 of 24
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

Unbelievable that you can close an account just by pressing a button. Wow. Sorry to hear about story, OP. 

Message 17 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Why can't I cancel my cable this easily... sigh

Message 18 of 24
jon22guitar
Regular Contributor

What's the latest update OP?

CSP 10,000, Citi Forward 3400, Barclay Arrival+ 2750, BOA Travel Rewards 2700, Discover IT 1500, Chase Freedom 1000, Crap One 500
Message 19 of 24
professorr
Regular Contributor

Call they can reopen it.  I got the card in January, fiorst payment bounced due to a missed checking account digit; caught the error withing 2 days of payment and paid again.  Bounced a payment (my error) in August.  They said it'll be fine as long as there werent two returned payments.  Well I forgot about January and 1 week later account was closed.  I was upset at myself but also losing the line to an honest mistake.

Point being.  I called and spoke with a rep.  I then spoke with a supervisor and they took the info down, placed me on hold while they asked another dept to reopen the account.  Was reopened on the spot.  WHEW.  Many said they don't do that, well they do.  as with anything here on creditboards, persistence is the key.  

GL

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.