Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Store Card Experiences

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Store Card Experiences

My only concern is that Synchrony doesn't offer any type of purchase protections that a big bank backed card would.

Example, bought a pair of Sony headphones in November with my Amazon store card, they broke in February. Synchrony doesn't care, Amazon doesn't care (outside of return window) and Sony responded to my negative reviews but never followed up after hearing my story. Headphones have 1 yr warranty btw.

Flash forward, bought a replacement pair of the same headphones in February but with my Amex Platinum. They recently broke in the same way. Sony CS again was zero help so I went to Amex with their warranty protection and was credited within a day of the full purchase price. Didn't have to return anything either. No hassle.

So I love my Amazon store card for everyday purchases but for anything that I want that extra protection for, I'll sacrifice the 5% for peace of mind. I wish Synchrony was more helpful with those types of issues. And develop a mobile app it's 2017 jeez!

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.