Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Store Card Financing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Store Card Financing?

I financed from amazon store card for 6 months worth $448 from my $1000 limit. But i already paid $100 this month, but planning to pay it off within next 2 months. But i'm worried if i won't pay it off now this month it will be considered carry balance? and they will still report it to CRA right as carried balance?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Store Card Financing?

If I'm reading the correctly, since you already made a 100 dollar payment, you'll be a little over 30%...No biggie! I purchased my daughter a 1,000 bedroom set from amazon, my limit was only 2,000 at the time. My scores decreased some, but went up rather quickly once I paid down the balance.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If I'm reading the correctly, since you already made a 100 dollar payment, you'll be a little over 30%...No biggie! I purchased my daughter a 1,000 bedroom set from amazon, my limit was only 2,000 at the time. My scores decreased some, but went up rather quickly once I paid down the balance.

is that how financing work? you just need to pay down the balance even if it is a carried balance?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its suggested that 30% and lower is ideal. However your not going to be carrying a balance for months on end. Amazon offers some great financing options, take advantage of it. The 1,000 I financed in October now has a balance 300. There was no AA!

FYI: make sure its paid before the promotional financing ends!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see, yeah i will pay it off next month. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
alexl22
Regular Contributor

Dont worry, I have finananced a bunch of stuff with amazon and their 6-12 0% and have grown my limit from 600 to 3500 in under 2 years. I have also been way over the 30% mark, while I dont recommend it I received two of my auto increases very close to the limit.

Starting Score: myFICO TU: 542, myFICO EQ: 556 EX: 549 (03/2013)
Current Score: 729 TU, EQ: 702, EX 724

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRA dont rememeber uti once its payed scores go back up.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.