Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Store Card (GEMB) Denied me?

tag
ShinBeats
New Contributor

Amazon Store Card (GEMB) Denied me?

Yeah, I applied for Amazon card last week, and my EQ score was 620, and TU score was 625. I think EX was 609, but anyway, they denied me, because I have a few baddies from 2008.

My score EQ score is 634 now, since a judgment got removed! ^_^ Do you think I'll get approved?

09/26/2010
EQ: 634

08/28/2014
EQ: 652
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Store Card (GEMB) Denied me?

What other "Baddies" are currently showing up on your report?

Message 2 of 9
ShinBeats
New Contributor

Paid Charge of for Cap 1

Open Charge of for BofA ($1056)

Sprint ($476)

09/26/2010

08/28/2014
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

baddies from 2008 is too fresh

your score too low

dont apply anything

waste your inquiry

you could only approved for 100 or 300 bucks card ,

i tell the truth/ not lie

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not necessarily true. I got approved for the amazon store card with a scores in the mid 600's and my baddie is from 2008. How much current good payment history and accounts in good standing do you have?

Message 5 of 9
ShinBeats
New Contributor

I was put on as an authorized user of my parents 25 year old AMEX card, and it has had spotless payment history. I have one month (and another coming month) on First Premier with good payment history, and less than 50% utilization. I got approved for a Cap One card last week, with a $300 limit, but it hasn't shown up on my report yet?

09/26/2010

08/28/2014
Message 6 of 9
john398
Senior Contributor

I was approved for a walmart card but denied for an amazon card, cant figure that out either other than maybe too many ibnquires due to walmart card

Message 7 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@ShinBeats wrote:

I was put on as an authorized user of my parents 25 year old AMEX card, and it has had spotless payment history. I have one month (and another coming month) on First Premier with good payment history, and less than 50% utilization. I got approved for a Cap One card last week, with a $300 limit, but it hasn't shown up on my report yet?

Even though AU cards help scores, they don't automatically help individual apps. The AU status of the card shows on your credit reports, and the lender knows that you weren't the one generating all that clean history.

Out of curiosity, how old is your own (non-AU) oldest account? If your history isn't that long, they might have weighted the 2008 negatives against you more heavily, preferring to see a longer string of clean history in your own name. Just a possibility.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 9
ShinBeats
New Contributor

Yeah..my OWN history isn't too long, I admit..

09/26/2010

08/28/2014
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.