Did you mean: 

Amazon Store Card Help

tag
bk510
Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon Store Card Help

@beanie7132 wrote:

Amazon has been good to me. 

I opened the account in Aug 2013 with a 600 limit. At the 4 month mark I got an Auto increase to 900. At the 8th month mark I got an auto increase to 1800. 

I have not pressed the luv button at all. 

I have a util of about 30% reporting (all cards) and I have carried a balance (promo's) on the amazon account ever since I got it and even paid late by three weeks one time a few months ago. 

This is just my opinion with my GE accounts and YMMV of course, but I think GE/Amazon likes to see usage. I have a belk and sams account with GE also, and while I use the belk card constantly and see the every 4 month increases, Ive used Sams once and have only gotten an increase of $63.00. (you read that right, not a typo)

I think you will see some auto luv after your 4th statement. And if you dont, press that button Smiley Happy

I think so too, but then I ask my self, does't that apply to all or most of the banks? 

I would rather put most of my usage towards the disc barclay and cap1 of the world (which is what I have been doing really).

I just an auto luv from barclay, so i'm good for nowSmiley Happy

also i'm in the process of my cap1 cli through EO, should be hearing something in bout few days ( asked for 4K increase)

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 21 of 25
Kennie02
Frequent Contributor

@bk510 wrote:

@Kennie02 wrote:
I have an amazon card and it reports three days after my statement date each month that there is something to report. It seems that the first reporting was just due to it being a new card and new activity maybe? Not sure. But that has been my experience.

As far as cli's I have never received one and I have had the card for two years. I actually got a CLD after 18 months so ymmv in that dept... Most people say call credit solutions and you can get a decent CLI that way. Wish you luck with the card!

Geez, I thought I was doing bad....lol

I'm approaching a year with my GE cards and so far no nothing and I use regularly, nothing big or small. I just got off the phone with credit soultion people, tried it and still no go.

Anyways, I'm done with GE, I will b closing in june or july afterr its paid off.

I just auto luv from barclay after my 6 statement so I'm kool as for now.

How did u end up with CLD? did u not use it for a long time or somethin'?

bk510,

actually I used the card often. I still do because I do a lot of shopping on amazon. I PIF instead of carrying a balance. I did have a large balance on the card at the time so maybe thats why? I honestly don't know what I did lol....

NFCU cash $25k | BofA Custom Cash $25k | Amex BCP $18k| Costco Anywhere $14.5k | Apple Card $5.25k | Cap One QS $4.5k | Sephora Visa $4k | Discover It $3.5k | Citi DC $3.5k | Citi AA Mile Up $3.1k | Chase Amazon $3k | Amex ED $3k | Chase IHG $3k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $2.5k | Chase Freedom $2.5k | Citi Rewards $2k | Last HP 8/16/22
Starting score 09/2013: 530 Current FICO 8:
Credit Age:
New Accounts:
Inq (6/12/24M):
Message 22 of 25
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

Bk,  

I think ge likes alot of usage and payments on the Wally card for cli and the upgrade.  I got my Wally card last August. They gave me a 1100 limit. I used it alot.  I got a few cli , and last feb they upgraded it to the discover with a 2500 limit.

Message 23 of 25
d12
New Contributor

I got my amazon card in February for $1400 and got an automatic CLI to $1700.  Haven't hit the luv button yet and I've barely used my card.  I do buy a lot on amazon but use other cards.

Cap One Quicksilver ($10,000); Barclays Rewards WMC ($7200); Lowes ($4050); Wal-mart ($3250); HSN ($1800); Amazon ($2300); Sportsmans Guide Visa ($1400); Target ($700); Victoria's Secret ($900)

EX: 806, EQ: 780, WM TU: 806
Message 24 of 25
MadTechnologist
Frequent Contributor

Well, just got my 4th statement and no auto CLI luv. I hit the luv button and they told me the request couldn't be done online for some odd reason. Then, I decided to call and submit my request via phone call and after 2/3 minutes on hold, it was a no-go. So, after all that waiting and wishing, I didn't get my CLI. TBH though, since my CS is so low, I can't say I'm surprised, but I was hoping that since my balance is $199.50/$800 and I've paid off a few items already that they might be willing to show me some luv. I asked for 2K and hoped they would at least counter-offer, but no. Anyway, I said I'd let everyone know how it turned out. I'll keep gardening and working on my CR to make my CS rise like fresh dough in the oven!

Starting Score: 611 (02/28/2014 EQ MyFico) 608 (Barclays TU 03/28/14)
Current Score: 665 (05/13/16 EQ) 655 (05/13/16 TU) 672 (05/13/16 EX) Gardening since 04/30/2016
Goal Score: 740+ All Around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.