Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Store Card Inquiry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Store Card Inquiry

I recently was approved for an $800 Amazon Store card. However, I wanted to get an item that is $1,600. The item in question is equipment for my Audio class. I guess my question is, can I use my card for 12 month financing on this item? Or does the $800 credit limit mean I can't. 

I would easily be able to pay off the equipment in 4-5 months (I'm very responsible, and have the means to pay it off). In fact, normally I would just save some on the side. But it would be more ideal to get the equipment now.

But I guess I just don't understand what the Credit limit is in relation to the 12 month financing program they have going on. I'm assuming the $800 credit limit means I can only use it for something that is $800. But then what is the 12 month financing progam? Basically, I can only buy something for $800 and have 12 months to pay it off?

Sorry if this has been asked before. I checked out with my card selected and it said "Financing applied". So I assumed that it would let me do the 12 month financing on the $1,600 item. But then I just cancled the order, becuase I wanted to make sure before I did anything.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
toytoy
Regular Contributor

Re: Amazon Store Card Inquiry

Someone could correct me if I am wrong but if you only have any 800 limit then that is where the special financing is applied. If you put something in  cart for 1600 then Amazon would need the additional 800 dollars from you. Trying valling them to see if you can get a CLI. 

Starting Score: EQ 603~TU 613
Current Score: EQ 763~TU 706
Goal Score: 810

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@toytoy wrote:

Someone could correct me if I am wrong but if you only have any 800 limit then that is where the special financing is applied. If you put something in  cart for 1600 then Amazon would need the additional 800 dollars from you. Trying valling them to see if you can get a CLI. 

Definitely. I think people in thiis forum have reported doing this successfully.

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, when I check out they will notify me that I have to split the cost? Because when I checked out with my card as payment, it just said "Financing Applied". And never said I needed to pay anything else. But then again, I also cancled my order before it had time to fully process.

I guess I'm just paranoid becuase I don't want to buy $1,600 equipment, then find out I was only supposed to be able to buy stuff at $800. I guess what still confuses me is the 12 month no financing. I'm just wondering since that is a special ONLY going with their "Amazon Store Card", if the special is only applicable to the credit limit given.

And yeah, I think I'll just call them up today and ask for an CLI, and just explain my situation. How I'm trying to get the equipment for my class, and would be able to pay it off. Can't hurt to try. But I'm guessing they will say no, just because I don'th have good credit. Not because I had bad credit, simply because I never built my credit. I've always paid for things in cash, and am only now learning about building my credit score. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.