Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Store Card Syn

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Store Card Syn

Good evening everyone.

I have a question about the sync Amazon card. 

Im used to the way my other cash back cards work. This one I'm slightly confused by. 

Say I charged 100 dollars. Then paid the 100 before closing statement cut so my balance reports as zero. ( which I did lol ) statement cuts the 4th coming up. 

will my cash back be credited as a negative balance at closing? Will they leave the credited balance there to be used on next purchase? Does the negative balance report to CB or will it say zero? I ask because the cash back is not reflected yet on my account and probably won't be till closing. 

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Amazon Store Card Syn

Yes it would be credited as a negative balance. It will remain there for a while (not sure how long... months? A year? More?) and they would likely eventually issue you a check for the negative amount at some point. Doesn't sound like you plan to leave it there for years though. It should report to the CBs as a negative balance. The statement credit never shows until the statement is issued, which is usually a day after your actual closing date.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. 

So so how would one do it so it reports 0. Since paying before hand will create a negative and paying after would create a balance to report? I'm thinking I could calculate the 5 percent before I pay next time and pay all but that percent. So it would be zero? Wonder if it would be on the before shipping price or the the entire amount?

Message 3 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Im not sure how long Amazon would keep that negative balance but i know on Wally after a couple months they love to send me checks for $0.76 and $1.17 Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, negative balance.  My Amazon Store card is always a negative balance -- I don't use it much (yet) but always PIF before statement cut, and then at statement cut I end up with the cashback credit and negative balance going forward.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone. Guess it just can't be avoided. Lol

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe you can risk it by calculating what your 5% cash back will be and then paying that amount less and maybe it'll come out to $0?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I may try that next time I am going to have a statement cut to see if that works. If not I will just have to get used to the way it works. Thank goodness I alternate it each month with the chase card. I tend to over think things way too much for sure. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.