Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Store Card closed question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Store Card closed question

thanks elim,  yeah its a bummer but at least my credit history didn't get hurt since i had other cards open for 2 years but it's a learning experience for sure

Message 11 of 16
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I know if you close the acct, you can't reapply for 1 yr from the date you closed it. Not sure about if THEY close it, but I would assume at min 90 days. Call them and ask.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

i will try calling again,  the first time they couldn't give me an answer on when to reapply.. just to do it after the balance is at 0

Message 13 of 16
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

yeah its a bummer but at least my credit history didn't get hurt

History, no, but your score might take a temporary drop because of having a balance on a closed account.  Not sure how FICO 08 treats these now.  I'd imagine there's still a penalty?

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

both trans and equifax went up 20 points when i got the notification on credit karma.. but i think it was because other factors happened at the same time..

Message 15 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

OP, I'm genuinely sorry this happened to you.  Regardless of the circumstances, you would think Synchrony would require more than one returned payment before closing an account outright.  I can see them doing a CLD (maybe?) but closure for a first offence seems harsh.

This is just another example of why I usually stick to 'pushing' payments from my bank's bill pay.  That way if I get a number wrong the payment simply goes nowhere; nothing "bad" happens (assuming I'm monitoring it, which I do).  I'm not saying one way is 'better', just what works best for me and my own risk tolerance.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.