Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Store Card or ????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Store Card or ????

@jamevfan wrote:

did a recon on my Amazon card last week and was approved with a 700SL....

I did call them to explain my situation and the customer svc rep was not to concern.  My issues are only having 7 months of good payment history but have 5 collections accounts, all paid off and getting two of them taken off my report, Maybe when I get their decline letter I will write back to explain further with proof; never the less, not going crazy over this because all my bills get paid, no major debts and I can buy things in full without any credit.

Message 11 of 14
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

If I would have seen this earlier, I would have suggested waiting, since your TU scores are still a bit low.   However, it won't take much more effort to get in with Amazon.   when I had about a 627 TU FICO, Amazon approved me with a $700 CL.   I'd advise using the denial letter as point of action for you.   It sounds like getting collections removed and establishing more credit history with the new cards will help.  

Also, your denial allows you to request a free credit report from TU, so definitely do that!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks 

@SunriseEarth wrote:

If I would have seen this earlier, I would have suggested waiting, since your TU scores are still a bit low.   However, it won't take much more effort to get in with Amazon.   when I had about a 627 TU FICO, Amazon approved me with a $700 CL.   I'd advise using the denial letter as point of action for you.   It sounds like getting collections removed and establishing more credit history with the new cards will help.  

Also, your denial allows you to request a free credit report from TU, so definitely do that!

Thanks I already got approved for credit cards geared for poor credit, meaning high interest and annual fees, for some strange reason my score was 631 Experian (06/06/16) on Credit One's approval letter when actual FICO is 609??? Anyways... whatever I'll take it Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the piece of advice offered earlier that you should only apply for cards that you know you're going to use is an excellent one. That's one big reason why I've never tried the so-called "shopping cart trick", since most of those stores specialize in product lines that I'm not interested in or have no particular use for.

That being said, I shop on Amazon regularly so I felt the Amazon store card would be useful. I had credit scores in the 640's-650's a few months ago when I applied for it, and was approved with a $800 credit line. I think getting that card and adding it to my Capital One secured MC really helped me last weekend, as I applied for an unsecured Cap One MC (Platinum) and was approved with a $3,000 CL; by that point my scores had improved to the 660's-670's.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.